Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Nope, as its not on a Rogers plan.

At this point you would be best to look for a 3rd party unlocking site

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

My uncle live in Canada and he make me a gift iPhone 4, but he's locked to Rogers. I live in Europe and now this iPhone is useless, please tell me how can I unlock my iPhone 4?

Thank you!

Use Remote unlocking method to unlock your iPhone 4 locked to rogers canada. It  is more secure than other unlocking methods. It doesn't requires jailbreaking. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@mysticode wrote:

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

Yes,It's possible.

If you need iphone 4 unlocking service visit Wickedunlock.com  Here you can unlock your iphone using Remote unlocking method.It'sone of the best and safe  way to unlock your iphone without jailbreaking.I hope it will be very useful to you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

just be sure to ask the store all the risks involved with unlocking, its ultimately up to the phone owner to ask these questions to any store/merchant he conducts business with

I've Been Here Awhile

I want to unlock my iPhone 4s, is there an official way?? and how much it'll cost?? and how long it'll take??

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alaabasset

This has been asked many times on here. If you search the forums, you will see how to do it.

Anyways if this is a Rogers iPhone 4S and you havr the phone on a Rogers account, you can unlock it via Rogers for $50. This is the only official way you can unlock it. Contact Rogers and see what they can do.

If this is NOT a Rogers phone, then you will need to have that phone on the carrier its with and unlock it officially with them.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, but now am in Egypt and i cant find any e-mail to contact the network, only the customer service number which is undiable from my country 😐

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alaabasset

Sadly Rogers stopped the emails. They only provide service vis phone calls and online via the Rogers Live Chat.

Are you still with Rogers but just visiting Egypt? If so, just wait until you come back. IF you live in Egypt and have a Rogers locked phone, then you are out of luck. The phone must be attached on a Rogers account to be unlocked from them.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, so if someone can send me an activated rogers sim card on pay as you go -for example- and then i attach it to my iphone, then call them to unlock it, will this work??

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alaabasset

No this will not work. You can ONLY unlock it via Rogers if you bought the phone outright from Rogers OR have the phone attached on a montly plan with Rogers. Pay as you go will NOT work.

All in all, you can not do anything unless the phone is attached on a Rogers account meaning month to month or contract and if you bought the phone straight from Rogers.