Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Ok but worth giving a try

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mifzal

It is but no one will do this for you. Like we said, the ONLY person that can do this is the original first owner of the phone. No one else.

I've Been Here Awhile

Here's my experience in getting a Rogers iPhone 4 unlocked with Rogers :

I ported two telephone numbers from Rogers to Virgin Mobile yesterday at lunchtime. One of my phones was unlocked and that went well. The other phone was an iPhone 4 locked to Rogers. No surprise that the Virgin SIM card did not work.

Called Rogers support in the evening and talked to the CSR and they agreed to unlock it for 50$+tax (57.50$ total) and took my credit card information. It took about 1.5-2 hours bouncing between hold and not on hold. Apparently there was a bit of difficulty because :

- my account was closed.

- the iPhone 4 was a second-hand phone (bought from someone on the classifieds).

- we didn't update Rogers when the iPhone 4 was put in use

Information they needed :

- my account number.

- the telephone number associated with the phone.

- the phone's IMEI, make and model.

- payment info.

So if you want to get your iPhone 4 unlocked smoothly with Rogers, make :

- it's done with an active Rogers account.

- notify Rogers when you do bring a different phone on their network (unless you purchased it through them).

Unrelated : one of the reasons why I switched from Rogers was because I found their CSRs pretty surly and the person I dealt with was no different.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think part of the issue that you may have had, was the part from where its a 2nd hand phone to begin with.

Rogers generaly will only unlock the phone, for the ORIGINAL owner of the phone.

At least now under their new policy, after 3 months, the phone can be unlocked.. so people re-selling their phones, can do it ahead of time now.

I've Been Around

HI everyone, i just called rogers to unlock my phone couple weeks ago. They send the e-mail telling me to restore the phone first and it will be unlocked. However, i am now back in my country. But after i put on the local carrier's sim card  it's still not working.  Can anyone tell me which step i did wrong? Thanks so much!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ontop of the restore.. they should have given you a unlock code, etc? (which you pay $50 for).

Did you receive this?

If not, you would have to call them back to get this, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

Still now you don't have receive your unlock code,try to unlock your iphone 4 with a help of online unlocking service provider like  Here you can unlock your iphone using Remote unlocking method.If you avail remote unlocking service,you need not to jailbreak your iphone 4.When i had the same problem,i followed the same way.So only i would suggest this one.I hope it will be very useful to you.

**edited for content**

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Rogers,

I have a suggestion for you.

I believe that you are losing an enormous amount of money because of your unlock policy. People are going 3rd party and paying triple the amount to unlock their phones. This is pissing off customers as you cannot unlock their phone because of your dumb policies. This is why I cannot wait for the US companies to come here and bring some serious competition as about every canadian will more than likely jump from their carrier to go to a US company once they are allowed to come here and bring some competition. If Telus can drop their unlocking fees to $35 dollars I think that you should aswell and get rid of this 90 days nonsense and that you have to pay out your contract. It is completely stupid! I should have the option to unlock my phone because even though I am in contract I am giving my money either to someone who unlocks the phone and paying them triple the amount. So if I were you the unlock policy should be changed and be reasonable. Maybe charge $80 and can unlock at anytime. I believe that this needs to be looked at not only Rogers, but Fido, Telus, Koodo, Chatr, Wind, Moblicity and so on. You are losing a ton of money this is why everyone is going to Kijiji looking for shady people to unlock their phones.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While rogers unlock policy is still $50, instead of 35 like telus's... rogers has now droped it to 90 days the same at telus. 

This is still better than alot of the others, which are still that the phone has to be paid off fully.

BTW, most of the US carriers.. are the same.. that you have to pay the phone off, before you can unluck it through them.  So bringing them here, wont really HELP that part of the equation.

I've Been Around

please answer me!

how i can unlock my iphone 4 (16gb)

i live in russia and i very want unlock my iphone!!!