Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Phone is out of the country because I have gave it to my cousin as a gift. At the time being, we didn't knew that the baseband 04.11.08 isn't unlockable, so he got stuck with an ipod touch instead of the iphone.

I saw that Rogers unlocking policy starts from March, and I will use that opportunity to unlock phone for my cousin, so he can have fully functional iphone.

Thank you for your responses

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Does anyone know when will new Rogers unlocking policy start?
I have red that it will be active in March, but is there a specific date?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If the phone *was* on the account and the phone since upgraded can the previous phone be unlocked?  

i.e. Had an iPhone 4 on an account, upgraded to iPhone 5 and signed new contract.  Old iPhone 4 is therefore no longer restricted.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive so. They still should have record of that imei number, and that you were the first owner.

I've Been Around

Hi all,

I want to unlock my Iphone 5 that I bought from Rogers.

Can anyone guide me that what is the procedure to unlock it and what are the fees...???

Thanks in advance.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rameezajmeri

Here is more info straight from Rogers

http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/how-to-unlock-your-phone-with-rogers/

I've Been Around

Good day. Help please. I bought the iPhone 4 on ebay.com. But it is worth referencing the Canadian operator Rogers. How can I be? Seller is not responsible. Nor any data on the phone I do not know except number. Thanks.

PS. I'm from Russia

I've Been Around

hello, 

A few days ago we bought an iphone 4 by internet.  we thought was an unlocked one,  but we realize after buying it, thats is locked for your company. 

How can we solve this? we need to use it in spain.

please sent us an email answering at madmacshop@gmail.com

thanks in advance.

I've Been Around

Sorry for my bad English. The problem consists in the following. I bought with ebay iphone 4, and in the announcement of sale of anything wasn't told that it from the operator of Rogers.O the former owner I know nothing, the contract on phone will end in 3 days. I ask you to help me with an unblocking. I am ready to pay $50 that to me it unblocked. Answer please on the matter.

**Edited for content**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would remove that info from the forums here.

You would have to have the original owner of the phone, to do the unlock.