cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Apple Watch cellular feature with my iPhone 14.

DannyA1
I've been here awhile

As regards the subject, It’s been a frustrating 15 days trying to activate the cellular feature on my newly acquired watch. This is because I moved from Fido to Rogers solely because of this feature, bought the Series 8 solely because of this feature and yet it’s not working.

I have visited Rogers physical location and called customer care, yet it seems this issue is beyond them. Is there anyone who has successfully been able to activate this feature out there without getting the WS error code ? Or is it that Rogers simply doesn’t support this watch ?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to set up Apple Watch cellular feature with my iPhone 14.

When it comes to the 911 address, the address must match what is in the Canada Post database, PO boxes and rural roads are not accepted. If the address is not accepted, you need to enter an alternate address. You should update your location whenever it changes, so the service works as intended.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RogersZia

Hello @DannyA1,

Welcome to the Community!

You've come to the right place! Apple Watch Series 8 is definitely supported. We'll be happy to help resolve the activation issue for you.  To best assist you, I do have a few questions:

1) What feature are you referring to?

2) Did you previously have a watch linked to your phone?

3) What error message are you getting when you try to set up the Apple Watch?

4) Have you already tried to pair/unpair your Apple Watch?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further!

RogersZia

DannyA1
I've been here awhile
This is the Third month now and the issue is yet to be resolved and I keep getting billed for a service that hasn’t worked from day 1. See answers to your questions.

1) What feature are you referring to? - CELLULAR FEATURE
2) Did you previously have a watch linked to your phone? - THIS IS MY FIRST WATCH AND I CANNOT PAIR THE CELLULAR FEATURE TO MY IPHONE
3) What error message are you getting when you try to set up the Apple Watch? - ERROR WS300 AFTER TRYING TO FILL IN THE 911 ADDRESS
4) Have you already tried to pair/unpair your Apple Watch? I HAVE DONE THIS SEVERALLY AND I HAVE EVEN SWAPPED THE WATCH. I HAVE MULTIPLE TICKETS OPENED AND STILL NO RESOLUTION.

This has been pending for more than 60 days; it only points to one fact, you don’t prioritize customers complain.

having the same issue with my apple watch ultra, what I found out in my case is that I need to use the unit number after the street number in the same box, but the system won't allow it. How did I get to that conclusion? I enabled wifi calling and it will ask for the same 911 address, and after a few tries I found figured out the format that the system likes. But in the case of the watch using the same address format is not working!! 

Salazen
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

It sounds like it could be your 911 address that’s having problems. The 911 address for setting up the Apple Watch can be REALLY picky! It basically needs to be exactly the same as what your address is according to Canada Post. If it’s off even slightly, you’ll get an error. You might want to check to make sure the address is exactly as it is with Canada Post to make sure that isn’t the problem.

You can check your address to make sure it’s right with Canada Post by going to https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/ac/

TaurusSy
I'm here a lot

Hi @Salazen 

It is a 911 address issue, and we have tried every possible combination and nothing worked, so Rogers needs to figure this out now! If 911 address worked when activating WiFi calling it should work with Apple watch cellular activation. But in the case of the watch the street number box wont accept an alphabet (unlike Wifi calling), which might be causing the issue in my case. 

When it comes to the 911 address, the address must match what is in the Canada Post database, PO boxes and rural roads are not accepted. If the address is not accepted, you need to enter an alternate address. You should update your location whenever it changes, so the service works as intended.

Regards,

RogersCorey

HI @RogersCorey 

The address I entered matches Canada Post, turns out it should be entered in an uncommon way. On the Rogers 911 address form, the unit number had to be entered before the street name! and not in the unit number box for some strange reason. Glad that Rogers were able to come up with a solution, but as a customer it should be more straight forward than having to contact support over several days.

Ok this is weird. I'm trying to add an Apple watch to my account. All 3 of my Rogers locations in Regina say I need to add it to my account online. Online customer service say I need to go to my locations. 

I'm bouncing back and forth,  again and again, over and over. 

What the heck is going on?

latinmtl67
I've been around
Hey any news? Im having the same issue after unpairing my watch to reset.. now in stuck with error ws300 and cant add cellular plan! No one at rogers can help been 2 days

Hello @latinmtl67 ,

Thanks for chiming in with your Apple Watch set-up issue! 

Are you getting the "WS300" error as soon as you attempt to pair the new Watch to your iPhone? Did you already 'unlink' the old watch and link the new watch to your phone?  Do you have the latest software downloaded to your devices? Please also be sure your Bluetooth is enabled during this process, or it will not work.

You may also want to consider taking your devices into a Rogers-branded retail location so they can try to assist you with the process in-person. 

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

iKenobi
I plan to stick around

Same probleme over here

iPhone 14 Pro Max 

First they could'nt unlink my old AW

then they could'nt link the cellular feature of my new Apple Watch Ultra 2 after telling me they finally managed to unlink my old AW after second time contacting them (Rogers).

No error message beside "Connection failed" and "The connection to the server was lost. please try again later."

No way to know for sure if my old AW is unlinked

Open two tickets, no result

In all in all, they got no clue

Thinking about moving to Telus...

Good morning @iKenobi!

Is this issue still ongoing or has your Apple Watch been activated? If you have two open tickets, we can look into the status of those tickets and provide an update.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 in conversation