cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive sms verification codes

IreneT1
I've been around

I switched to Rogers yesterday from Telus, and to my negative surprise I am no longer able to receive sms verification codes sent by websites like CRA, TD, Affirm etc.
Is there a way to fix this?

**Labesl Added**

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Unable to receive sms verification codes

I’m affected as a new customer now I can’t speak to my family back home
Because of this issues please help resolve it

Greetings @gbadeboowolabi2!

Have you tried any of the alternate methods of registering your number such as using a missed call: https://faq.whatsapp.com/796575231429493/?helpref=uf_share

If the alternate methods do not work, I'd recommend contacting WhatsApp directly for support: Contact WhatsApp

Regards,

RogersCorey

User1867
I've been around
Unable to receive sms verification codes

Hello @500958598 ,

Welcome to the community forums! We're sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with receiving verification codes. 😞

Just to clarify, was this function working previously for you? Are you unable to receive them for various corporations or only a specific one? What is the name of the company/corporation you are having the issue with?

As mentioned in an earlier post, if you are not getting verification codes from a company and their short code is listed in Current Short Code Programs, we can investigate it for you.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

gw14
I've been here awhile
Hello this is happening to my daughter’s phone. How can we fix it?

gw14
I've been here awhile
Yes that works. But it won’t send the SMS code

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call Rogers and ask for a Re-Send to Switch

sergiolibe
I've been here awhile
I’m also having this issue but not with whatsapp. I tried the proposed solutions without luck, I need to receive a verification code via text message / sms from a government service in Spain called cl@ve

sergiolibe
I've been here awhile
Tried after 24 hours and finally got the message from the government service (Spain)
Topic Stats