cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive alerts through sms.rogers.com

Blueshift1
I've been here awhile
Hello,

I'm on-call for work. The system we use will send alerts to our phone. I was previously with Bell, which uses [phone number]@txt.bell.ca, which worked fine. When I switched to Rogers though, the system suggested using sms.rogers.com for the alert gateway; however, I haven't been able to get this to work so far.

Is this the correct gateway for these type of alerts? Does Rogers still support alerts in this way?

Thanks!

***Added Labels***
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to receive alerts through sms.rogers.com

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Blueshift1!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue getting the alerts working! I can appreciate wanting this resolved asap. Have you spoken with wireless technical support regarding this issue? If everything has been set up appropriately it's possible that this may require a ticket sent to our network team for further investigation.

@RogersAndy

Blueshift1
I've been here awhile
Hi @RogersAndy,

I haven't contacted them yet, no. I will do so on Monday and see what that yields.

Thanks!

I thought it was @pcs.rogers.com? Either way a lot of people were spamming customers thru the email system some time ago so i dunno if they did any changes to it? Either way. Why not just sent the alert to an actual email address that you can check on that phone? Might be easier, no?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation