Time capsule connection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Time capsule connection

Hi guys,

Could someone guide me on how to connect my Time capsule to the wi-fi router installed by Rogers? Should I use directly Time Capsule only without Rogers' router?

Thanks for any suggestion!

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Time capsule connection

Really depends.. on WHAT you want to use the timecapsule for.

Just as the storage/backup?

As for EXTRA wireless ontop of the rogers built in wireless.

or to replace the rogers wireless?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

actually, I have always used my capsule as a router and for storage and backup as well.

I've moved in ON and the guy from Rogers installed their router and said he does not know how to install my  time capsule...

So, I tried unsuccessfully by myself…

The rogers’ router is connected with another type of cable (don’t remember the name), so my capsule could be connected to the internet via router only, but even connected to the router I cannot access to the data stored… Something goes wrong and I cannot figure out it…

Should I call Rogers?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, so in your old setup, you went right from your internet modem.. into the time capsule, and it did everything.

What you want to do, is put your new one, into what they call BRIDGE MODE, this effectively turns it into a modem only.
(how to do this, varrys depending on the modem model you have)

You can always call rogers, and they can put it in this mode for you.

You would then connect from port 1 on the back of the rogers modem, into your time capsule.

From there.. its set it up, as per the instructions for the time capsule.

I've Been Here Awhile

Modem mode the only possible way to use it, so I would not be able to access to my data stored on Time capsule while using as a modem?

So, how to use it for storage and backup only? I may keep the same modem but want to use TC for storage and backups?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats not correct.  All of the rogers modems have the bridge mode setup, and can do it that way. 

Even if not.. there SHOULD be a setting in the time capsule, where you can set it so it DOESNT act like a router.. and then would just be generally accessible via the network.

You would have to look at the setup guide for the time capsule.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!
I've Been Here Awhile

does that mean it is necessary to continue renting the modem/router from rogers while i already purchased the Apple Airport router.

Or perhaps the "old" router will be really cheap to buy-out?