Text messages not delivered

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Text messages not delivered

iphone5 user.....Have a couple of radio stations I enjoy that have text to the on air personalities but my phone will not send to them.  I'm sure I just have some setting clicked and am not aware of what is preventing these texts going throuigh.  The numbers that you text to are odd.....71010 and 977977.  Always comes back as "undelivered".  Have deleted the contacts and tried inputting them differently.....thoughts??

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Text messages not delivered

Hello 4thecup

I tried texting them via my Blackberry Z30 and my Note 4 and it does the same for me.. Are u sure those are actual texting numbers u have to text too?.

U can go into the messaging settings and see if there is a tweak but i doubt it. Have you contacted Rogers to see what they say6
I've Been Here Awhile

I am sure of the #'s as they give them out over the air all the time.  One is a talk radio station, they read out all kinds of text replies on the current topic.  The other is a rock station with many contests that you have to text in to enter.  One thing I just realized....these are stations formerly under the Astral Media umbrella.....recently purchased by Bell.  Smiley Surprised  Could that matter?   

My next step will be to contact Rogers, just hate dealing with it, was hoping someone knew of a setting or something that I've clicked that was preventing them going out to these odd #'s.

I'm an Advisor

4thecup:

I have an iPhone 4S which is on iOS 8.1.2. I just sent test texts to 71010 and 977977. They both went through and I got a reply within 10 seconds from each of them. My phone was running on Wi-Fi, not cellular, when I did the test.

I've Been Here Awhile

So it does work, just not for me.  Have tried on cellular as well as wifi, just no go.  Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm an Advisor

4thecup:

That's strange. Do any text messages work or is it just these 2 radio stations that are giving you trouble? The only setting I can think of is under Settings>Messages. On my phone with iOS 8.1.2, there are several settings. I think the key one is Send as SMS, which should be enabled. I use that plus iMessage, which is an Apple service that works with other people who have iOS devices. If it would help, I'll send you a private message with my phone number and you could try texting me.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just saw ur post....thanks for the suggestion.  I did check settings that you suggested, they are enabled already as described.  I have no trouble with any other messages going through.  imessage, messages with attachments, both work fine. 

Wondering if it could be something about the way the contacts were inputted?  Under which heading would you suggest putting the "text" #??  Mobile? Home?  I know, grasping at straws for an answer...lol.  Just hate calling Rogers support.

I'm an Advisor

4thecup:

I don't think it matters where you put the numbers in a contact as long as they're in a recognizable field. The message app will show you all the different email addresses and/or phone numbers so you can choose one before you send a message. When I tried it, I simply entered the numbers in the message app and they went through.