Text Message from Rogers every single day!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Text Message from Rogers every single day!

Hi,

I use Rogers pay-as-you-go on my iPhone 3 and wifi at home.

I get this annoying message everyday:

"Before using the mobile Internet, you must have a valid add-on. For options click here http://rogers.com/m/smartphonedp/0/i"

How do I cancel or opt-out from this text message?

Thanks

Alfred

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Text Message from Rogers every single day!

And Meouwmix.......for the benefit of all our iOS friends........does that mean they have to go back into this menu and turn celluar data back ON......every time they want to perform any internet functions when connected to WiFi?

THAT would be a pain.

How about just phoning Rogers Tech Support and telling them to turn off all outgoing 3330 Data sales messages.........which is what I did........without (they promised) having any impact on WiFi capabilities.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

When you get that message it means either YOU or a application is trying to access the internet when you are off Wifi. You will keep getting those messages if you try to access the internet. Check to make sure that the application are set to refresh manually & also do the same with emails & such.
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Cant u need a data plan it warning u that u will be charged for the data
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I really don't understand. If one of my apps are trying to access the internet - then that should be the warning but I have no idea what is trying to access. And have tried everything. Is there no for Roger's to disable this. My phone doesn't discriminate. It sometimes happens in the middle of the night and sometimes happens repeated times in a row.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Helli jenisgreat

The problem lays on the app it self. You may be able to remove or stop the app from working if needed. Which app is it? Do you know? Also what type of phone you have?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Which app is it?

That's the problem. All my apps are off (via doubleclicking the home button etc). I Rogers is sending me this warning, they know something about my iPhone's activity. I have a right to know as well.

I contacted their on line help and they claim there is nothing they can do about it. Just ignore the message they said, it may be an Apple thing.

I cannot believe this.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello daqddyo1

Are you talking about warnings about your services or data usage? If so then Rogers sends those out to customers. That is a policy set in place.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@daqddyo1 wrote:

Which app is it?

That's the problem. All my apps are off (via doubleclicking the home button etc). I Rogers is sending me this warning, they know something about my iPhone's activity. I have a right to know as well.

I contacted their on line help and they claim there is nothing they can do about it. Just ignore the message they said, it may be an Apple thing.

I cannot believe this.

Even with all the apps on if that way, an iphone, for some things, say like the MAIL, will try to go out as per its schedule and check mail still... and therefore use data.

If you 100% want to make sure none is used unless on wifi, etc.. you should turn mobile data off for those times, then it CAN NOT communicate.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'll give it a try.