Tethering iPad to laptop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Tethering iPad to laptop

I am going to visit my Mom this summer and want to make sure that I have Internet access while I am gone. As she doesn't have Internet as her house I was hoping that I could use my iPad data plan to tether with my laptop.

Anyone know if this is possible?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

Re: Tethering iPad to laptop

By default the iPad does not have the ability to tether. There may be an application on the app store to do so but its definitely not something that is a supported feature out of the box.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping that the iPad would have the ability since the iPhone does and they use the same iOS.
I've Been Here Awhile

I know that this is an old topic, but I just received an email that this was accepted as the solution and provide an updated solution, the iPad, like the iPhone can be configured as a Personal Hotspot.

Settings > Personal Hotspot > enable.  Setup a password and you are good to go.  Be sure to have either wifi or bluetooth enabled on the iPad as one of these connection methods will be used.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation