Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching phones while under contract?

s9rey
I've been around

Hi,

I was wondering if I was able to switch my phone while still paying for it,

I currently have an iPhone 8 Plus and I'm 9 months in my contract, and my friend is willing to trade his iPhone X for my phone.

I was wondering if I can unlock my phone so he could use mine (Since he's on a different carrier) and I use his phone (which is unlocked), while I still make payments for the 8 plus for it until the end of the contract. Would that be possible?

Thanks!

***Added labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Switching phones while under contract?

RogersMaude

Good evening @s9rey,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

We can definitely help you with your iPhone unlocking if you wish to trade it for your friend's Apple device.

Keep in mind that some functionalities might not be compatible with an unlocked phone.

Your remaining FLEXtab will continue to decrease on a monthly basis, regardless whether you're still using the phone you got the subsidy on or not.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Re: Switching phones while under contract?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @s9rey

Of course it is possible! All you need to do is make sure the device is carrier unlocked and just put in ur sim and ur set!.

I do this a lot so I know it works!. The only way it wouldn't work is if the device isn't meant and doesn't have the frequencies that Rogers does. However urs does and should work just fine!

Enjoy 🙂
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation