Sold iPhone 6 - visual voicemail still tied to old phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Sold iPhone 6 - visual voicemail still tied to old phone

Bit of a weird situation here. I sold my iPhone 6 when I upgraded to the 6s. The imei of the iPhone 6 is probably still tied to my account. The buyer told me that when people called her, my voicemail would play (even though the voicemail went to her correct number and phone) so she changed the message. Now when people call me, her voicemail plays even though I get the voicemail (and supposedly she got my voicemails as well). I'm not sure how to fix this. I guess the imei of the iPhone 6 needs to be tied to her phone number and the imei of the 6 plus needs to be tied to my number. Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: Sold iPhone 6 - visual voicemail still tied to old phone

Hi @nasa25x,

I am not quite sure if this has anything to do with the IMEI being registered to the previous owner. I would suggest having a profile reset performed on the lines then resetting the network settings from the device settings. Also try the steps here on Apple's site and see if the issue is resolved. Please let us know. 

@Meowmix, any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam