Setup wifi calling - invalid address

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Setup wifi calling - invalid address

Hello, @rbabee

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. What kind of Wi-Fi Calling compatible device do you have? Your phone must have an LTE SIM card and connected to WiFi while activating the Wi-Fi Calling feature. If there are no conflicting  services on your account like RON, Data blocking etc. and you still have difficulty in activating Wi-Fi Calling, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, thank you.  

You may want to try turning the Wi-Fi Calling off, power cycle the phone and follow the instructions listed in this How To post, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

WIFI calling not accepting my address for registration

Hi.  I'm having trouble setting up my iphone 6 with wifi calling.   After multiple support contacts and one escalated ticket, it's still not resolved.  Everytime I enter my address, it says 'your street or route don't seem correct', and to check with canadapost.  I set my wife's phone up with an alternate address, and it worked since our home wouldn't work. (rules out an issue with my phone)

The last rogers support contact told me that my address isn't in the 911 database, and to contact my local emergency services to fix it.

I called the OPP (since I can't very well call up 911 to chat about a technical problem), but the OPP said my address shows in their system.

Rogers was unable to suggest exactly 'who' to contact to get my address on the database that Rogers uses for the address verification.  My address shows on Canadapost.ca, although most of my neighbours do not (we only get PO box mail delivery in this town, not door to door, so we technically don't have a street address for mailing).  Can anyone here point me to who I should be contacting?

Thanks

Hi @redgrandam.

We know that having your 911 address properly setup is super important so please rest assured that you have our full support in getting this resolved. Your safety is important to us.

In this case, I would recommend contacting your municipality to ensure that you have the proper civic address for your records. If you're inputting the civic address as per their records, we may need to escalate another ticket for further investigation.

Please let us know what happens when you input the civic address.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

i am having the same problem, and I have a P.O. BOX as my address, tried putting P.O. Box # and 911 address and nothing, tried my old street address and still nothing

Hello @cgirl772,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for your post!

We wish to help you resolve your Wi-Fi Calling activation issue, as it is a service you should have the ability to use, if you have a compatible device.

When setting up your Wi-Fi Calling, do you get an error message when you get to the 9-11 address step?

After reading the Apple Disclaimer and selecting Enable to continue, the Terms & Conditions will appear. Read them and then, select Agree to continue.

At this point, enter an Emergency 911 address as well as your contact information. The E911 Address, cannot be a PO Box.

• Click Continue

At the Address Validation step, the system recommends the Canada Post validated Address. Choose 1 of 3 options:

• Edit existing entry
    • Continue with existing entry
    • Continue with recommended address

Then, the preferred E911 address choice should be saved in settings.

• Once saving is complete, the system will automatically exit the set up and return to the Wi-Fi Calling Toggle under Settings
    • The toggle will now turn On or Green to indicate that Wi-Fi Calling has been enabled

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I tried that, ended up contacting customer support, he helped me and i got it to work using my P.O. Box, but when I went to add my 911 address it still wouldn't accept it, so I just left it with my P.O. Box when and if  I need to call 911 they'll ask for my address anyway so its all good.

That's awesome @cgirl772!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know your issue was resolved Smiley Wink

I'm glad to learn you were able to obtain assistance from our Customer Service team.

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I am a new customer who wants to set up wifi calling as my cell signal is weak in my area. I have a valid 911 address with a rural mailing address but the program will not accept my address or po box. How do I get this to work. This is my first time with Rogers and am unsure how to proceed 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sondra99999 wrote:

I am a new customer who wants to set up wifi calling as my cell signal is weak in my area. I have a valid 911 address with a rural mailing address but the program will not accept my address or po box. How do I get this to work. This is my first time with Rogers and am unsure how to proceed 

@Sondra99999

send a PM to @CommunityHelps explaining that you are trying to setup WiFi calling but it won't accept your address. They should be able to get it all setup for you.