SMS.ROGERS.COM

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

SMS.ROGERS.COM

Hello

Why when I use @sms.rogers.com to send sms messages the messages get a random number starting from 222 or 333.

It is NOT GROUPING the messages using the From or sneder information.

I will get 100 individual conservations and instead of displaying one group conservation using the same from/sender.

This is not an APPLE issue this is how Roger has a configured this is operate this way. Bell Koodo and serveral other I have tried from and group the convseration based on the from/sender information. Why would rogers do such a thing.  And not listening to the comsumer about chaning to creating a new SMS sever that would group base on from/sender is just wrong.

Has any one else experienced this?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: SMS.ROGERS.COM

Hello - How are you grouping the message?
I haven't experienced this - though i haven't tried for a while. I thought sms via website was decomissioned? (I obviously didn't know it was still serviced).

you are accessing it via sms.rogers.com? on a browser?
or do you mean you are using sms to email and vise versa?

Thanks for any info.

Good day @entrpz,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Wink

I want to make sure we understand your inquiry correctly.

Are you referring to the Email to Text service?

Email to Text service is a method used to send text messages. The email is sent to an email address phonenumber@sms.rogers.com and is delivered to a mobile phone as SMS. They will appear in the Details section of your invoice (non-charged incoming calls /number range of 305-000-xx.)

With regards to regular group messages, Rogers does not this service at the moment Smiley Sad .

You can send group text messages; however you would be the only one that receives the replies (not the entire group).

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I think I know what entrpz is talking about. When someone sends a text through email using @sms.rogers.com the recipient can reply back to the original sender who is on a computer. What Rogers does is they make the return address a 2222 or 3333 9-digit number. The person who originally emailed the text receives an email from SMS. Rogers charges 30¢ per text (outgoing reply) to the person using the cell phone, even though that person has unlimited incoming/outgoing Canadian texting. My question is what is this random 9-digit number and how can I pay a monthly fee to get unlimited texting of this type? No one at Rogers knows what kind of service this falls under. Texting, long distance, data, etc.

Sybertek

Rogers Employee

Hey @sybertek (cool name by the way)

I would say if it charges you even when you have SMS feature unlimited.
It would fall under premium sms. Only explaination to why an "unlimited" version of that can't be bought - since preimum sms are charge per event.

I will look this up further to see if I can correct myself, but I will say "Premium SMS" as the answer for now.
I've Been Here Awhile

Is "Premium SMS" another name for international text messages? There are not many add-on plans in pay-as-you-go.
Rogers Employee

Premium SMS is not same is iSMS (International SMS)...
International SMS can be added and the New $5 Valuepacks has it included as unlimited.

Premium SMS do not have add-on features, as they are solely 3rd party charges / Premium charges based on Pay-per-use.

For pay as you go (PayGO), add-ons work differently. You are right that they may not be many choices.

How ever there is an add on, after doing a quick search I found this: PayGO Add-Ons

It states it is NEW so... maybe you haven't seen this before?

$20 Unlimited International and Domestic SMS  [Send & Receive]

Essentially, Unlimited World Wide Text :]

Hope this helps! @sybertek

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm paying the bill for my son's phone who's in school. He has unlimited CDN texting for $100/year. The $5 international texting value pack would be my only option but you're saying International SMS is not the same as Premium SMS? I have received texts to my email from friends and they have not been billed at all, probably because they have it in their plan. I need to find out what plan falls under these 9-digit SMS short codes.