Rogers wireless network almost useless

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Network Problems

hey guys im livining in estevan saskatchewan and the network is gone completely i can get no service i rely on my cell phone as my only phone and well how much longer will the network will be down n yes i have tried with my old phone there is no service

I've Been Here Awhile

All down in Yorkton and Melville today also. Not sure how widespread.

Will have to wait and see what's up.

I've Been Here Awhile

Working again.   No rhyme nor reason.

I've Been Around

Re: Rogers wireless network almost useless

Almost useless in most of rural Saskatchewan & not always dependable 3G in the cities where it is available.....usually so slow to load a page in Safari that I don't use itSmiley Mad::..what a waste of 2 years of money.....problem is I love my iPhone, it's Rogers service/rural coverage that sucks....but their is a GodSmiley Very Happy, it was just annouced that the leading wireless provider in our province is getting the iPhone the end of this month,, therefore will provide excellent rural coverage/service. 

So that means if I pay out the remainder of my contract with Rogers, I will have a full functioning iPhone with great rural coverage & exceptional 3G in Saskatchewan....So that said.....Does anyone know what it costs for each month left in a contract, if I chose to pay it out?.......Thank you in Advance to anyone who has a reply to my Question....

I've Been Here Awhile

Why is the Rogers 4G on my new HTC rarely available in the Springbank area, ie 4 kms west of Calgary city limits? Same problem with my prior Sony Ericsson 3G which died recently. This is terrible service. Occuring currently at 2:30 pm Sunday Jan 15 2012. This can't be normal. The only time I can get consistent service is to drive into the city and go to Second Cup cafe and use their wifi. Is that what is expected of me.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

I have been having issues with the network as well my phone dropping connections all the time all over the Ottawa area.  I did all the troubleshooting with the useless support and their conclusion was I needed a new device.  I am running a iPhone 3Gs old but still working great.  I held off on buying a new handset and locking in for another 3 years as I was going away for the holidays and didn't want to worry about it.  Good thing because when I was in BC my phone worked flawlessly, didn't drop once.  So 3 weeks later I come back to Ottawa and within the 1st hour my phone drops the cellular data network and couldn't get it to come back till the next morning.

So I called Rogers and explained to them that it wasn't my phone because I used it while I was in BC for 3 weeks without any issues. So they escalated my ticket to the engineers and I have now been told that it is due to congestion on the network in my area around my house.  Well that is great in all but it isn't just the area around my house it is all over Ottawa. Dropped connection slow throughput.  I asked for an eta on a fix and they couldn't tell me all the tech said is they aren't sure how they are going to resolve the issue.

So I talked to the customer satisfaction people to explain my issue...how the tech said I needed a new phone when it turns out to be their network really glad I didn't listen to the tech and get a new phone and contract.  Then I explained how this has been going on now for over 3 months.  I asked if there was any compensation for the crappy service as I am not getting the service that I am paying for.  The rep on the phone said there is nothing we can do for you, as you are getting service.  My argument is I am getting service but it is crap.  Slow speeds dropped connection, horrible tech support. I am glad my contract is up in less then a year.  I can say this much I will not be staying with Rogers after all these issues and Network problems. 

Maybe if enough people complain Rogers will fix the network.

I've Been Here Awhile

Boy I understand your frustration. I thought my phone with 4g and LTE capability would resolve this issue. But because of you I now know the problem is Rogers doesn't have the capacity to handle customers needs. Unfortunately for me I locked in for 3years. I do think until more cities go to LTE they have no incentive to add for room for you and me. Canada has a really poor reputation worldwide for
wireless service and fees are too high. I don't know who we can turn to. They give lip service so complaints are not going to change their customer service. Any ideas appreciated!
I've Been Here Awhile

Have to agree with everyone in the Ottawa area.  Used to be fine, but the past couple of months have been a disaster.

Everyone with a Rogers phone in our building has the same issue.  By 8:30 in the morning the network is done for the day.  After 30 minutes on line with tech support all I got was the suggestion to switch to the Edge network - which seems to at least work, but is not a real answer to the problem. 

The only other message from Rogers was that they don't guarantee reception inside buildings - tough luck.

Any suggestions on how to get this resolved would be good.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey pg,

I have been fighting with Rogers for over 2 months about this and have been having the issue for almost 5 months now.  They have acknowledged that it is an issue with their network and congestion issues.  So I call in every few days to get an update on my ticket and I always get the same answer.  They have put more towers up in your area and have closed the ticket.  Then I proceed to tell them that the extra towers are not working because I am still experiencing the issue.  I was off work the past 2 weeks due to surgery and the service was the worst it has ever been.  So I called back and again I got the They put more towers up it should be fine answer and that the ticket was closed. So this time I asked to talk to customer relations and complained so they are finally giving me 50% off my bill for 6 months.  I suggest you do the same, it doest fix the service but it lessens the pain of having to pay for a service that you are not receiving.  I am in a lucky position that my contract is up with Rogers in 10 months.  So I am going to give them the 6 months to fix the issue and if it isn't fixed I will lodge a complaint with the CRTC and CCTS.  and then I will probably switch providers....as I think 6 months is plenty of time to resolve the network issues.

Hope that helps.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The CRTC will not do anything other then read the complaints. Believe me thousands have send letters / phone calls & emails to the CRTC & yet nothing has happened. Once my year is up im switching straight to Fido. I know they are owned by Rogers but never once have i had any billing or any network issues. The have millions of dollars i am sure they can afford to put up a few more towers. **bleep** even Bell is putting up towers.