Rogers wireless network almost useless

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers wireless network almost useless

Um.. meowmix..

Switching to fido wont fix your network problems.. as they use the rogers network, towers, etc for communications.. you would run into the same thing.

And rogers is putting up some towers... well at least 1 that i know of, up near where i live, thank goodness 😛

I Plan to Stick Around

GDkitty,

I wouldn't hold your breath that it will fix the problem.  They have told me that they put up more towers by where I live and it has done nothing to resolve my issue.  In fact it has gotten worse over the past 2 weeks, not sure why that is, but I hope they resolve this soon. What part of town do you live in?  I am out in Barrhaven.

I Plan to Stick Around

deleted for unexpected posting

I Plan to Stick Around

All i can say to help you with your problems is the same as other users are stating.  Go elsewhere as your money talks. Until the government opens up regulations to foreign competitors and there is major public outcry on customer rights, nothing will be done. Good Luck

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Gdkitty. I know Rogers owns Fido but Fido Reps are better & actually help you with any problem unlike Rogers reps.

The Signal with Fido is a bit better because when i had Fido a year ago & i used my iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4 with Rogers i used to get 5 Bars with Fido & 3 with Rogers. Kinda weird eh? But its true. Money talks. If you want to leave Rogers go right ahead. I am soon anyways. I am waiting for the chance to port my number over to Fido for $100.
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers will sometimes work on their system, which causes network problems. They never admit it of course, the people on the phone always assume there is something wrong with your system and get you try all kinds of things. I just wait for their vechicals I see parked around the neighbourhood to go then I know it will be back up and running
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been very disappointed with Rogers service too. I was having a similar problem where I would have access to the 3G network and be able to call and text, but could not access wireless internet on my phone. I tried restoring my iPhone, resetting my network settings, registering for he imei number, changed phone, changed sim and the operator told me that they could not help me. This was a few days after I added a $100 prepaid voucher. When they left me without an option to fix the situation and refused to accept responsibility for the problem I asked to refund the voucher as they could not fulfill their service and they refused! The agent I spoke to said they could put it as a credit towards a monthly plan. I've never experienced such bad customer service.