Rogers iPhone unlock policy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers iPhone unlock policy

thank you so much for helping. İf ı will unlock with 3rd party unlocking, device will be damage. I think this is very risks . So ı cant use it in turkey.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dreas2

You are welcome. The device MAY damage. Its a 50-50 chance. If you want to unlock it via third party, make sure you find a site or store in which will be safe.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hai, Using the remote unlocking  method unlock to your iPhone  you can best way .  If you want  to unlock your iphone you get  the service from  I  heard  cheap unlock service provider  . Here you will specify your country and network and get unlocking for your mobile easily.  

**edited for content**

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Satishkannan

There are many services to unlock a phone either online, cellphone store or carrier. Depending on the amount they are.
I've Been Around

My 3 year contract with Rogers on an ifone4 that I bought through Costco is finished in 4 days.  Will I have to pay 50 bucks to Rogers to unlock this phone?  This is not what I was told by the kiosk staff at Costco when I bought the phone, but of course, they just wanted to sell me a phone, not necessarily tell me the hard truth.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello travelchatter

Yes you will have to. The $50 fee is for any unlocking done via Rogers no matter if your contact is done or not. The Kiosk staff are not Rogers own staff. They work for Rogers but are employed by Costco. You will need to speak to them if u like but the fee will be paid to unlock the device.
I've Been Around

I'm in India, and I have a Rogers iPhone 4.  I'm ready to pay $50 to get it unlocked. I do not have details of the associated Rogers account. I'd like to know if it can be done with just the IMEI, if the current account status allows an unlock?

Thanks! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Iyerji

Like i have said above in order to have Rogers unlock your device, you need to have a Rogers wireless account and it has to be active without any owing fees. The IMEI number must be on the account for 90 days. If u do not have a Rogers wireless account, they can't help unfortunately. You will need to unlock it a third party way