Rogers iPhone unlock policy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers iPhone unlock policy

I called my local Rogers store and they said flatly that they do not unlock iPhones.  Can anyone post here if they've had Rogers do this, and under what circumstances?

Thanks,

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers unlocks phones over the phone. Stores do not have the access to do this.
I've Been Here Awhile

I just unlocked my  "locked to Rogers" iphone 4. I bought the phone online, on EBay.

I got a monthly plan , with Rogers, no contract. Registered myself with Apple, and hooked up to itunes.

I waited 30 days, and the asked CS to put me through to unlock.

No hassle, no arguments, $50 + Tax, and no risks.

Here I come Florida with a prepaid At&t iphone.

Good Luck.

I've Been Around

Hi Rogers,

i have iphone 4 from rogers, and i no longer in CA, can you help me and unlock it for any network plz?

I Plan to Stick Around

Any reason why you don't try one of the kiosks at a mall (there's quite a few out there)? Prices normall range from $20-25. Or try something online? I used an online service to unlock my phone, cost $7 (shopped around a lot and asked friends... mind you, that was several year ago).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i have been talking to rogers for a few days now trying to unlock my older iphone, is VERY ANNOYING !!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Why doesn't Rogers match what Telus does with regard to unlocking the iphone which is 90 days on contract, good credit and $35 and it is a done deal.  Rogers is so unresponsive to its customers needs.  I've been with Rogers for 15+ years and if their attitude to unlocking doesn't change it will be my last contract.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While I agree rogers should do the same, be aware telus only started that with the iphone about mid year this year, it is a relitively new change

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

To be honest, it does not matter if Telus brought it out a few months ago or mid year. Rogers always copies them, so why should they now do it this time? Easy to explain here, they rather take out money instead of doing something nice.

Unlocking is one of the easiest things for the carriers to do. Why not charge less & get rid of the 30 day on it? Rogers claims they are first for everything but lately other carriers are first for better things i am afraid.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know, thats why i agreed that rogers should match it 🙂

Just saying it, for anyone else that might have come, and thought that telus ALWAYS offered it that way.