Renewing contract without main account holder

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Renewing contract without main account holder

Hey all, just a question. I decided to just go instore and pick up my phone instead of waiting for the reservation. I'm not the main account holder, but my name is listed on the account as a secondary. Do I need the main account holder to be there to renew my plan/upgrade hardware or can I do it by myself? Thanks in advance.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Renewing contract without main account holder

Hi skiam, Don't forget that not only do they have to be a level 1 user on the account, they must be a level 1 user for at least 60 days. Anything under that and that new user won't be have to renew or upgrade. The account holder can simply add a level one user by calling 1-888-ROGERS-1

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

No but you in need to be Level 1 on the account in order to do any upgrades. A person that was in line with me had the same problem & had to get it changed to Level 1.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meow, one more question.

Is it hard to be put as a level 1 contact? LIke my account holder lives in another province. I don't have to be present right? All the account holder has to do is just call in and ask to add me as a level 1 contact? Simple? Or is there an entire process of somesort?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi skiam, Don't forget that not only do they have to be a level 1 user on the account, they must be a level 1 user for at least 60 days. Anything under that and that new user won't be have to renew or upgrade. The account holder can simply add a level one user by calling 1-888-ROGERS-1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@dannyboi104 Can you still do an hardware upgrade at an apple store without being the account holder but a level 1 user? Thank you!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @oligbed

Yes, an Authorized Contact Level 1 is ableto completed a hardware upgrade.

Hope that helps!

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Thank you @RogersPrasana. The 60 days thing doesn't really make sense to me, imo if I want someone to have access to my account, its MY account and therefore it should be done immediately.