Removing private caller id

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Removing private caller id

I bought an used iPhone 4 and when I call someone it shows up as private caller. How do I remove this so it shows my number?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Removing private caller id

Settings > Phone > Show my caller ID

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Cherryoc

IF you did a factory reset on the device when you bought it from someone, it should have automatically gone back to normal but if you did not, you can easily do it.

Go into Settings - Phone - Show My Called ID. This is where the setting will be!.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm just curious some of the older cell phones automatically came up with private number with out even messing with the settings. can it also happen with say the newer phones or the phones of today? I know around the mid years of the begining of the millenium I had this problem with an older model and it drove people nuts when I phoned them cause on their display it kept coming up private yet they had me on their contacts list.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the call display option with my plan. When I get calls I see who is calling me fine. The issue is when I call my home phone which also has call display, my number comes up as UNKNOWN NAME but displays my number. How do I display my actual name instead of UNKNOWN NAME?

The other question is how to setup voicemail on my iPhone 5S. All plans include voicemail apparently but when I click to set it up it says, "Cannot Connect to Voicemail, Call your service provider for assistance."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've Been Here Awhile

My voicemail works now but the call display issue is still happening...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Tyranno

Its called Name Display. Call display only shows the number. Sadly this is something Rogers needs to fix. Everyone inlcuding me are having this issue. In order to get the name, you will need to save the number into your contacts & name them. That is the only way.

House land lines use a different system for name display then cellphones do.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation