Please fix the Anyplace TV Home Edition App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Please fix the Anyplace TV Home Edition App

@RogersAdam- I believe this issue is not "solved" yet.

Hi @nkay
Is it only on your current devices, iPad and iPhone as you stated?
This is only troubleshooting, I would recommend uninstalling the apps on both devices, and also remove it from iTunes as back up... and then reinstall.

You are right, this is a cache issue. but if you are sharing the same Apple ID on the device(s), chances are, you are sharing the cache files as well for the App.
You need to remove all instances of the app from that Apple ID. so if you have any other devices that share the same AppleID and they have the app downloaded to. remove it. iCloud/iTunes whereever you back up apps, needs to forget about this app altogether.

This is how I fixed one of my issues with my mom's iPhone when her app was not going past the main screen because it coudn't read saved game file or something...

Best of luck.

(Edit: Added nkay tag)

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @ShakTiburon

I tried what you said and you are right!!! I deleted the app from my iPhone (I don't use the app I just put it there to be able to test from another device). Yes I was using the same credentials in both places.

So now I just have the once instance on the iPad, I logged it out, and logged it back in again and it was working!

Let's hope that works for good!

Thank you for your smart help there!

Nigel

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@nkayGlad to hear it.

AppleID is evil. lol

Mods, can you mark me as Solved? Smiley Very Happy I like tags. teehee

I Plan to Stick Around

I think it was more to do with a *Rogers* ID not the Apple ID. You have to sign in on the app itself with your Rogers ID and I kept signing in on two devices at the same time and it's cache gets confused.
I'm a Regular

@nkay wrote:
I think it was more to do with a *Rogers* ID not the Apple ID. You have to sign in on the app itself with your Rogers ID and I kept signing in on two devices at the same time and it's cache gets confused.

I only have one Apple device so it can't be because of that. Also games are different I think as they save their data to your phone. But hopefully that fixes it for you.

I'm a Regular

Thank you for listening Rogers! The app has now started working and has finally been updated. Smiley Very Happy

All of my issues, even the broken date picker, everything is fixed!

I'm a Regular

The newest update doesn't work on my ipod touch 4 when I start it all it does is show home screen for a sec then close right away,I tried doing restore on ipod it didn't work, so only way it works is if I use the older version.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jayzino

Ive never used the app on a iPod Touch. It appears to be working correctly on my iPhone. Technically speaking the application is intended for iPhone.

What OS is your iPod touch running on?

RogersAsif

I'm a Regular

It's running on OS6 lastest version.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't sure what the latest OS for the generation your iPod Touch is. I am running iOS 8.4 on my iPhone.

RogersAsif