Please fix the Anyplace TV Home Edition App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Please fix the Anyplace TV Home Edition App

This app which used to work properly is now broken. I find it useful (when it works), but it has been broken for a long time now, is anything being done about this? Even the Fido My Account app which hadn't been updated since 2011 was updated recently (and it worked perfectly fine). It bothers me that this app is broken when it used to be really helpful with managing the PVR and other providers have similar apps.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Please fix the Anyplace TV Home Edition App

Hi @Tmothy12

The app is working on iOS.

I just tested Anyplace TV on my iPhone and didn't have any issues.

What type of issues are you having? The Community will need some more information in order to help!Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

So...

As your tag states iOS. so this isn't regarding the Android Lollipop known issue.

How is it broken? Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app including cache? (Uninstall all updates / reinstall updates if it was a pre-installed app)

Please provide me details! I would love to help!

I'm a Regular

I can't change the date on the guide in the app nor can I access my recorded programs list. I just get "Error GENERAL_FAILURE". It used to work on iOS 7. I mostly care about the inability to see your recordings. Smiley Indifferent

I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition iOS app on our iPad and iPhone has not been working in our home for over a week now. We have three Nextbox 3 devices, one of them a PVR. We use the app all the time to program the PVR, but now all our nextbox devices and PVR have been showing as Unavailable, and attempts to connect bring up a "General failure"
The app has always been occasionally wonky, but this is the first time it has not worked for an extended period of time.
Yes we have rebooted all our boxes multiple times.

Retired Moderator RogersAdam
Retired Moderator

Hi 

Have you tried re-installing the app? 

I Plan to Stick Around

As an update to my issue, I deleted the app and reinstalled it on both my iPhone and iPad and it worked again. Considering the app hasn't been updated for a year, I suspect the app has a caching issue that can only be rectified by deleting it and starting again.
Retired Moderator RogersAdam
Retired Moderator

Hey 

I'm a Regular

That solution is not the solution for me, I've already deleted it and reinstalled it. It stopped working for me when I first installed iOS 8 (in September). Apple must have changed something in iOS 8 and broke the app, if your app was working last week that was likely a separate issue. It was like that for me too before I installed iOS 8 but now it's always broken. It even says the PVR is minus 1% full now after I refreshed the settings. I think the app needs to be updated for iOS 8, but I'm guessing that won't happen until Apple breaks it completely like the Android version appears to be. Smiley Sad 

But, at least I can still set recordings from it and use it as a remote... even when broken this app is still useful. 

I Plan to Stick Around

So now one day later after I deleted and reloaded the app, it's stopped working again.
I give up, the app needs an update.