Personal Hotspot, how to configure?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Personal Hotspot, how to configure?

Another question for Chris:

I assume to enable Personal Hotspot, it is basically the same as enabling tethering has been. But do you set the password there too? Can you enable each type of sharing (wifi, USB, bluetooth) individually or is it all or nothing? Do USB and Bluetooth also then require a password, if you set one on the Personal Hotspot?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Personal Hotspot, how to configure?

Exactly, this replaces tethering.  USB and Bluetooth are turned on when wifi is turned on but it is possilbe to have USB and Bluetooth without WIFI.

Here's a walkthough of how it works (on Verizon, but it's the same for everyone in 4.3):

http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/11/verizon-iphone-personal-hotspot/

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I've Been Around

I have the flex plan, why is disabled on my iPhone?

Tethering is only enabled on data plans of 1GB or more. The flex plan is not considered a 1GB+ plan, as it starts at a much smaller allotment for the first tier.

I'm a Senior Advisor

When you enable it you have the option to just allow wifi+usb and keep bluetooth disabled.
I've Been Around

I have a Family Plan with 1GB, shouldn't this qualify? When I first when in, it was there and I set the password. Tried to use it and it disappeared, not is say to call Rogers to enable Hotspot on this account!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not sure but 1GB family might not qualify. Were you able to tether before the upgrade?
I've Been Here Awhile

Personal Hotspot, how to connect to internet

I can successfully connect my ipad and iphone via personal hotspot, but my ipad won't actually connect to the internet. I have looked everywhere to figure out whether my plan supports the personal hotspot but can't find any information on it. I assume that since I can make the hotspot work, I should be able to connect to the internet with the ipad - but can't. Any help?
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Personal Hotspot, how to connect to internet

@bensondana if you can go to Settings->Personal Hotspot and turn it on then it should work.