Pay As You Go changing to a micro sim card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pay As You Go changing to a micro sim card

I have a pay as you go regular size sim card.
Just bought a 4s iphone and cut down the card but does not work. It works on a htc trophy.
If I buy a micro sim from rogers, can I activate it on the same number?
Do I lose the credit I have now on the card?

Thanks

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Pay As You Go changing to a micro sim card

I was helping my relatives earlier this year to swap the SIM (from full to micro) on the prepaid line; I looked around on Rogers website and I am not able to find and SIM card swap functionalities online.  We ended up calling into customer service to have it switched.

What you can do is have your friend buy the SIM card, send it to you, and then you call Rogers (from overseas) to have the SIM card swapped under your account.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cutting down the card, is always a risk that it might not fit/connect properly. 

If you go into a rogers store, they will be able to TRANSFER the account, from one card to another. 
the credit, is associated with the ACCOUNT.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, one more problem: I am currently in Europe and will be for several months. Is there any way that I can do it from here?
Have a friend in Canada do it or buy a card, send it to me and then activate it online?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Anyone should be able to go in and buy a card, but only you can activate it.

Not sure if you can do online but can call in to have it activated/switched over.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was helping my relatives earlier this year to swap the SIM (from full to micro) on the prepaid line; I looked around on Rogers website and I am not able to find and SIM card swap functionalities online.  We ended up calling into customer service to have it switched.

What you can do is have your friend buy the SIM card, send it to you, and then you call Rogers (from overseas) to have the SIM card swapped under your account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Frequent Visitor

I have a pay as you go MINI sim card
How can I replace it with MICRO sim card?

Can it be done by mail(I can pay for it by credit card) instead of going to one of the stores?