OUTGOING EMAIL iPHONE 5S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

OUTGOING EMAIL iPHONE 5S

Last week upgraded to a 5s. Having constant problems with Outgoing Email on all my accounts.  Sometimes emails go out, sometimes they just go to the Outbox and sometimes they just evaporate! No sign of them ever!! This has create professional chaos for me.

Smtp.rogerswireless.com as an outgoing server only sometimes works for sending emails. It's also duplicated itself 40+ times on my "Other SMTP Servers" for some unknown reason. I've tried smtp.broadband.rogers.com and that worked for a few days... then outgoing email got messed up again.

Rogers kids at store said "Just delete it all and reinput everything". That didn't work. Phone support said "We've reset. Just delete everything and reinput it all." That didn't work.

WHY CAN'T I SEND AN EMAIL PROPERLY ON A ROGERS 5S!!!!!! Do I need to switch providers???
Help.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: OUTGOING EMAIL iPHONE 5S

Which email account are you setting up for? Is it Rogers Yahoo email? I helped somebody setup their Rogers Yahoo account before and I doubt that smtp.rogerswireless.com is the correct email server.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: OUTGOING EMAIL iPHONE 5S

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/email/87?setLanguage=en

This page should show some info.

for wireless, down at the bottom, it shows

smtp.wirelessdata.com

Though in the past, i have used the smtp.broadband.rogers.com as well (though now, it likely requires the SSL settings.

All in all.. BEST BET, if this is for a ROGERS email acount itself..

Would be to set it up on the phone, using the PRESET ones the phone gives you for a new account.. and choose YAHOO.
It will auto set up everything, no having to worry about account names, server addresses, etc.