Not receiving voicemail when using wifi calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Not receiving voicemail when using wifi calling

I live in a basement apartment where I cannot get cell service. I am using wi-fi calling on an iPhone 5s. This works perfectly for making and receiving phone calls, but I have noticed that I never receive notifications when I have a new voicemail. I only see that I have a new message when I am physically in an area where I get cell service.

What can I do to fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted

Re: Not receiving voicemail when using wifi calling

Good afternoon @Replete,

Are you running the most up to date version of iOS for your phone? This issue is due to the specifications in the carrier-settings update included in iOS9 starting on September 25th, 2015. As far as I'm aware, it was resolved in an iOS update since then.

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Corey,

I'm using the latest version of iOS - 10.0.2. My carrier settings look to be assigned automatically.

I also wanted to clarify that I can send and receive text messages normally - this is only affecting voicemail.

@Replete

Hmm... Is this an official Rogers iPhone or a non-Rogers unlocked device?

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Posting in this thread in case anyone else has this issue: re-initializing the voicemail solved this.

Had to create a new greeting, which is a minor inconvenience compared to the original issue.

(It's a Rogers device, for what it's worth.)
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation