No longer a rogers customer, using apps through wifi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

No longer a rogers customer, using apps through wifi

Hi,

I have an iphone 4s through Rogers however due to traveling overseas for an extended period I have just canceled my account.   I don't want to get another provider as I'm not staying in any one spot very long.  Because I'm still using this device over wifi I'm wondering if anything changes with how I use whatsapp/viber/facetime.  As I understand it these apps connect my contacts with my phone number.  Now that I've given this number up how can other people add me or contact me through these apps?  Is the only way for me to add their number to my contacts then send a message?  If someone else takes over my old number will that mess things up and have my friends messaging the wrong person?

Thanks for helping me make sense of this!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: No longer a rogers customer, using apps through wifi

Hello Doug20000

Unfortunately I would remove those apps that use your old phone number. Reason being as if someone else gets ur number and add those apps, it will interfere with it and cause issues.

You can find free apps that don't use a phone number but can be used over WiFi like BBM, Skype and Google Voice.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: No longer a rogers customer, using apps through wifi

facetime will work over wifi with your apple ID

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation