New phone activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New phone activation

I am also experiencing this.  Upgraded to an iPhone on wednesday afternoon. Told the same thing about taking about an hour to activate.  Now, over 48 hours and several phone calls to rogers later, I am quite dissatisfied with Rogers' handling of this issue.  I understand that there was an internal problem that caused a backlog of all account changes, but a 3-4 day resolution time is unacceptable.  Lucklily my old phone is still working and am not missing any calls.  

I just spoke with a representative and there are still ~260,000 requests in the que to get through.  He told me it will likely take 8-16 hours to get through this backlog. We'll see if that happens......

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank God I am not the only one with this problem... I just switched from Fido to Rogers on Wednesday so I could get a new iphone 4s.. my daugther too the same day. We are both porting our numbesr and well 5 calls later to Rogers and heading into the 3  days still no porting of our numbers. We still have the temp numbers and luckily service.. This is ridiculous I am missing all my phone calls and texts. They keep telling me by tonight I should get the phone numbers ported. I am not holding my breath for it lol.

I've Been Around

I called Rogers yesterday morning to have my wireless number changed, and half way through the call we were disconnected.  My phone has not worked since!  If Rogers knew they have been having a problem for the last few days why did they not tell me that prior to making a change to my account??  I would have waited to make the change.  I just had a conversation with Rogers online technical support and the last thing I was told was... "At this time there is no estimated time of resolution."  What a horrible way to run a business!!

I've Been Here Awhile

My iphone just activated after waiting 56 hours. Finally.

I'm Here A Lot

Im having the same problem, ive had no service since yesterday around 7pm and i still have no service. Ive called and they said it would take another 24-48 hours to fix! but its they're top  priority to get this problem fixed.. I dont see it as a priority when its been since Tues or whenever some ppl have been waiting for service. Its BS

I'm Here A Lot

Anyone else has gotten their phone back up and running?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I can confirm its working. I called back Rogers ad the tech support rep said they are almost done fixing it but everything should be working properly.
I'm Here A Lot

mine's still down Smiley Sad had it off all night and turned it on just now and still says no service..

I Plan to Stick Around

Still nothing from me either. 91 hours and counting.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If i had to wait that long, i would have just cancelled & went to another carrier to be honest.
Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats