cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone activation

goodfella114
I plan to stick around

My wife joined my previous Rogers account on Tuesday and bought an iPhone 4. She left the store after they told her that activating the phone could take a few hours. It is now Thursday night and the phone still isn't connecting to the network. We have called Rogers multiple times and they said there is a problem and that is should only be another few hours until it is fixed. Is anyone else having this issue? I can't seem to find any threads or topics where someone else is reporting this. Seems that if it was an issue for everyone that someone else would have asked. Thanks.

***edited labels***

42 REPLIES 42

Re: New phone activation

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RIW

This is happening with everyone. Many don't actually understand that it's not a Rogers employee that turns on the sim and functions. It's the back end system that does it...

I get what you are saying. However it can take from a few minutes to a few hrs. The reps should have advised that to her and yourself. I wonder if the rep was new and doesn't know or the system can vary. It can activate in a few minutes for some and few hrs for others.

For me it's always been 1-4hrs with Rogers and Telus. Bell took 1hr for my sisters work phone.
Topic Stats