cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone activation

goodfella114
I plan to stick around

My wife joined my previous Rogers account on Tuesday and bought an iPhone 4. She left the store after they told her that activating the phone could take a few hours. It is now Thursday night and the phone still isn't connecting to the network. We have called Rogers multiple times and they said there is a problem and that is should only be another few hours until it is fixed. Is anyone else having this issue? I can't seem to find any threads or topics where someone else is reporting this. Seems that if it was an issue for everyone that someone else would have asked. Thanks.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New phone activation

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello JenniferMaturi

It takes 24hrs for the temp number to be removed. If you want contact Rogers and see what they can do. They should be able to remove that number off the accou t

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

jrross
I've been here awhile

My wife lost her phone last weekend and had to buy a new SIM card for another phone we had. She bought on Wednesday afternoon and was told it likely will be one or two hours to activate. It is now 40 hours later on Friday mornng and still nothing. Have called a couple times and emailed during this time and the samed response of 'we are working on the problem'

Liug
I've been around

Same here,

i have 2x galaxy note that i received yesterday, i coult not activate right now due to server problem.... thats what the CSR told me on the phone.....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Yes. Rogers is having issues with their servers for the past few days. I can confirm this seeing as they are having troubles adding something on my account.

nays
I've been here awhile

I have a similar issue.  I activated a new account on Wednesday morning - received a temp number while my phone number was being ported from Telus.  Was told the Port would only take 5 mins to 2.5 hours.  It is now 1:30pm on Friday and I'm still on my temp number.

Apparently the port has been "completed" but Rogers is having difficulty with a back-end switch which is causing a delay in my number from becoming connected. I don't know how such a HUGE technical issue can remain unresolved for over 2 days in such a big company.

This delay is unacceptable. I've called Customer Care, Technical Support and the Porting department over 10 times in the last 2.5 days and have received inaccurate ETA information, they just tell me to wait.  If you call my ported number, you will hear a record message saying "The cellular number you have called is not assigned”. I am missing tons of important calls and texts.

I've only been a Rogers customer for 2.5 days and I'm already so frustrated.  I've escalated the issue and still have no further information.

I hope Rogers plans on compensating me for the time without the use of my phone number, the time wasted waiting on hold for Customer Service, Technical Support and the Porting Dept, the inconvenience of having to miss important calls and texts being sent to my number and the inconvenience of having minimal and inaccurate information provided by multiple Rogers representatives.

Hi everyone,

Some customers who made recent account changes may experience longer than normal wait times for services to function normally. Our teams are actively working to provide a fix ASAP.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

nays
I've been here awhile

I was just told by the Porting dept that my issue will be fixed by end of business day (5PM).  Is this ETA accurate?

jrross
I've been here awhile

Being just told to turn your phone off and on every 2 hours is not help. Now hitting 48 hours and counting with no outlook or informative response from Rogers via email. Have been in contact with tech services by phone and email with not one bit of satisfaction of a response other than try every couple hours we are working on it. Are we? Rogers has time to make ill advised calls to customer calls outside this problem only to be transferred to the tech support line and put back on hold for the same reply already received. Rogers needs to be way more proactive in communicating these issues rather than have the customer becoming more and more frustrated by their lack of communication. Put an info banner or something on your website to keep people informed, rather than left in the dark.

goodfella114
I plan to stick around

Exactly. Just something so I didn't have to spend a bunch of time searching just to see if someone else was having this issue. At least now I can see that it is an issue to other people.

I've been with Rogers for 12 years and have never had an issue. My wife has been a customer for 3 days and hasn't even gotten service plus a number of other issues regarding an iPhone being in stock as well as issues with the free Xbox promotion. I just hope this gets resolved soon.

Vogue
I've been here awhile

My previous phone crapped out on me out of the blue, and I got a brand new one which I am estatic about, only to find out that over 24 hours later I still have no service. Thankfully the two nice folks that I spoke to at Rogers tech support were sympathetic with the problem and were very nice about it and reassured me that it was on your end, not mine.

I'm floored to see that this problem has been going on for other people for even longer, and that there's nothing beyond "we are working on the problem." I too am missing many important texts and calls. I understand that these things can happen sometimes, but the fact that it's within a huge company like Rogers and there's still not a fix for it is unacceptable. At least find a way to give an (accurate) ETA or keep the public updated on progress. I don't think it's impossible.

Rogers is fine in terms of everything else as this is my first major problem, and I love my new iPhone but I firmly believe you can do better than this.

Norbar
I've been around

I am also experiencing this.  Upgraded to an iPhone on wednesday afternoon. Told the same thing about taking about an hour to activate.  Now, over 48 hours and several phone calls to rogers later, I am quite dissatisfied with Rogers' handling of this issue.  I understand that there was an internal problem that caused a backlog of all account changes, but a 3-4 day resolution time is unacceptable.  Lucklily my old phone is still working and am not missing any calls.  

I just spoke with a representative and there are still ~260,000 requests in the que to get through.  He told me it will likely take 8-16 hours to get through this backlog. We'll see if that happens......

Jewels391234
I've been here awhile

Thank God I am not the only one with this problem... I just switched from Fido to Rogers on Wednesday so I could get a new iphone 4s.. my daugther too the same day. We are both porting our numbesr and well 5 calls later to Rogers and heading into the 3  days still no porting of our numbers. We still have the temp numbers and luckily service.. This is ridiculous I am missing all my phone calls and texts. They keep telling me by tonight I should get the phone numbers ported. I am not holding my breath for it lol.

steve123123123
I've been around

I called Rogers yesterday morning to have my wireless number changed, and half way through the call we were disconnected.  My phone has not worked since!  If Rogers knew they have been having a problem for the last few days why did they not tell me that prior to making a change to my account??  I would have waited to make the change.  I just had a conversation with Rogers online technical support and the last thing I was told was... "At this time there is no estimated time of resolution."  What a horrible way to run a business!!

jrross
I've been here awhile

My iphone just activated after waiting 56 hours. Finally.

Jcardinoza
I'm here a lot

Im having the same problem, ive had no service since yesterday around 7pm and i still have no service. Ive called and they said it would take another 24-48 hours to fix! but its they're top  priority to get this problem fixed.. I dont see it as a priority when its been since Tues or whenever some ppl have been waiting for service. Its BS

Jcardinoza
I'm here a lot

Anyone else has gotten their phone back up and running?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
I can confirm its working. I called back Rogers ad the tech support rep said they are almost done fixing it but everything should be working properly.

Jcardinoza
I'm here a lot

mine's still down Smiley Sad had it off all night and turned it on just now and still says no service..

goodfella114
I plan to stick around
Still nothing from me either. 91 hours and counting.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
If i had to wait that long, i would have just cancelled & went to another carrier to be honest.

Yeah im thinking of doing that.. they keep saying its going to be fixed but still NOTHING.

Topic Stats