cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone activation

goodfella114
I plan to stick around

My wife joined my previous Rogers account on Tuesday and bought an iPhone 4. She left the store after they told her that activating the phone could take a few hours. It is now Thursday night and the phone still isn't connecting to the network. We have called Rogers multiple times and they said there is a problem and that is should only be another few hours until it is fixed. Is anyone else having this issue? I can't seem to find any threads or topics where someone else is reporting this. Seems that if it was an issue for everyone that someone else would have asked. Thanks.

***edited labels***

42 REPLIES 42

Re: New phone activation

I waited almost 3 days!!!! But it looks like everythings running now. Try restarting your phone. Thats what I did.

Jcardinoza
I'm here a lot

Still didnt work 😞

Vogue
I've been here awhile

Nope, still not working on my end either. I'm starting to get really PO'd.

Yeah mine isnt either.. ugh.. Ive resetted it and factory reset it and still nothing

Vogue
I've been here awhile

I just got service and it seems making and receiving phone calls is ok. Texting is still a little iffy. Hope it's true what the folks said on the phone that they plan on compensating everyone affected.

Cheers! And good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

AntMunch
I've been here awhile

ya I'm still waiting kind of getting sick of it 

I upgraded for a reason and I'm still using my crappy iphone 3g I hope this gets resolved soon or I'm returning my iphone 4S

Sim Card Issues HTC ONE X

Hi my name is Graydon, I recently switched from TELUS to Rogers doing and import over about three days ago. Rogers told me they were having some sort of network issues and when I activated my phone it may be a day or so before I could connect to the network. almost 4 days have passed and today I went back to the store and got the SIM card replaced just incase it was a faulty SIM; it c0nnected for a couple hours then just dropped the connection again and my sim says unable to connect to provider when i try to connect it to the ROGERS network via the mobile interent settings. Is there any other thing i could do to try and connect or do I need a new SIM HELLP!!!!???? 

Jcardinoza
I'm here a lot
Mine worked for about 5 mins then went back to no service and that was around 5 and since then Im back to no service going on day 3 its stupid

Jewels391234
I've been here awhile

Mine started working sometime between !1pm Friday night and saturday morning. Over 48 hours before it came up .... not impressed. I changed from Fido to get an iphone 4s and get a better plan but I wouldnt have if I knew this was going to happen

AntMunch
I've been here awhile

Mine finally got activated last night it took 2 days good luck to all who are still waiting Smiley Happy

goodfella114
I plan to stick around

FINALLY!! Activation at 3pm today (Sunday). Just over 5 days without service.

Good luck to the rest of you!

DawnRose
I've been around
On Wednesday I went and signed up for a 3 year contract for the iPhone 5. I paid my 250$ deposit, and the 99$ for the phone itself(spring sale). This was all at Donny b's. they told me its a 24 hour wait time for the phone to be activated. It hasn't been 24 hours yet, at 4pm today it'll be 24 hours and if its not working by then I'm going to bring my phone back to where I got it from. This 24 hour activation wait time SUCKS!!!!

JenniferMaturi
I've been around

I jsut transfered my number from Bell to a Rogers corporate account. The transfer has been completed and my old number works, however I still have my temporary number. It`s as if my new iphone5 has 2 phone numbers. Whenever I dial or text someone, the temp number appears, however if they call my original number it will still go through. The switch was completed last night and I`m still waiting for my temp number to disappear. Why is this happening?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello JenniferMaturi

It takes 24hrs for the temp number to be removed. If you want contact Rogers and see what they can do. They should be able to remove that number off the accou t

peterdev
I've been here awhile

My Wife just got an LG G7 from Rogers with a SIM card. SHe has been using a Blackberry with a different size SIM so the old one will not go in the new phone. The Blackberry is turned off but the LG phone dialing is not working.

Does Rogers need to do something at their end?

@peterdev wrote:

My Wife just got an LG G7 from Rogers with a SIM card. SHe has been using a Blackberry with a different size SIM so the old one will not go in the new phone. The Blackberry is turned off but the LG phone dialing is not working.

Does Rogers need to do something at their end?

@peterdev

Since you got a new SIM card, you need to activate that SIM card. You can call up Rogers tech support and provide them with the ESN (Serial Number) on the new SIM card so they can activate it to your account.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Since you are an existing subscriber, your current SIM In your BlackBerry is still active on your account. For security reasons you need to call and ask for a SIM Swap to the new SIM card since its a different size. Once they swap it everything will work as usual. It appears you did not complete this step yet

peterdev
I've been here awhile

Thanks,

Rogers did send a new SIM with the phone they sent us. It turns out it was assigned to another phone number so my wife's number did not work. Rogers tech support directed me to go to a local Rogers store and get another sim, free of charge, and that should work. We did this but the Rogers store insisted that they must charge $10. for a sim card. So something is amiss internally with Rogers. The sim card did work and the phone is operational now.

thanks

peterdev
I've been here awhile

Yes did that.

When support checked the number he said it was assigned to a different phone. So we had to get another sim card which he said would be free at any Rogers store. However, the one we went to insisted on charging $10. for the new card which was only needed due to a Rogers mistake.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @peterdev

Next time speak to the Rogers store manager. Explain the situation and give them the Interaction ID number to the phone call which the rep said free of charge for the sim.. They will be able to assist you then and give it to you for free..

I know a few Rogers stores which do that for current customers if they explain what's going on. Some reps don't like doing it and rather take the sale instead.

RIW
I've been here awhile
I helped a disabled friend today who needed a new phone and SIM card activation. Because of her disability, she needs a cell phone with her at all times in case of emergency. Without a functioning phone she cannot leave her house. I was surprised she could not immediately activate her new SIM card and has to wait hours, but thought it was a random problem. Now I see from this forum that this is not an unique issue just for today, but people have been complaining about the delay in SIM card activation for YEARS!!!! How can this be? How can the problem not be solved yet? Why wasn’t she warned, given her vulnerability, which she fully disclosed to them? I hope she can get out of her contract if she doesn’t have a connection by tomorrow!!
Topic Stats