New iphone 6s + glass scratches very easily

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New iphone 6s + glass scratches very easily

Hello @strange

Mine did that as well. Went to the Apple store couple of days ago and did a exchange. Unfortunately it seems to happen quite often as many have had the same issue. I got a Zagg privacy protection glass for mine and since then I don't worry that much.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Meowmix,

Didn't realize Apple would replace it if the screen scratched. I have an iPhone 6 still under warranty and I'm really annoyed by my screen as there are scratches on it now even though I've been extra careful with it. I guess I'll be heading to the Apple store as well! 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersHassam

For me i just booked a appointment and was able to get it replaced with another unit due to the small little scratches on the screen and another issue that was found after but the main reason was due to the little scratches on the glass. Now this might not happen to others but it's worth a try.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Meowmix, will definitely give it a try doesn't hurt 🙂 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersHassam

Hopefully it works out and they do a exchange for you!. If that doesn't work, just let them know something is going on with the device and they should be able to exchange it lol.
I'm an Advisor

It's really interesting to see the comments about scratched screens, which really surprises me. I thought Apple made a point of saying the new phones screens were one of the best for being scratch proof. I have a 4 year old 4S and its screen has no scratches on it at all and the back of the phone has a few, which are almost invisible. I do take care of it, but don't use a screen protector.

I'm seriously considering upgrading to one of the 6S phones sometime over the next few months before my Rogers rewards points expire in June.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jimboden

It seems to be a issue with the new ones. Put ur device in ur pockets with keys let's say and u will see little scratches on the screen. I asked the Apple genius guy and he told me the glass On the last years devices and this year's are crap lol.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Yes, I just got my iphone 6s plus and already has few deep stratches on the screen! Had it for about 20 days now. I've called an made an appointment. It seems to be a known issue as lots of people are complaining about it. Will update on the issue once it's resolved.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @uptownsboy98

Unfortunately this is a Apple issue and they know it but they won't do much about it. Unfortunately if you buy a Apple product from any carrier, u must go to Apple to service it..

Hopefully they exchange it!