New iphone 6s + glass scratches very easily

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

New iphone 6s + glass scratches very easily

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. I am very careful with my phones in fact i had a Samsung note2 for 3 years withought having issues with the glass. I have had my 6s plus less than a month and have just noticed some significate scratches on the screen. I am livid about this ! I have a very good case on it but figured the glass would be ok, expecially where I carry it and how I place it. Its redicoulous. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New iphone 6s + glass scratches very easily

Odd because this new glass they are using is supposed to be even tougher than Gorilla Glass 4. My iPhone 6 from last year had some scratches. Mostly just fine scratches. My new 6S Plus has nothing at all and my keys etc have been in the same pocket numerous times and i def thought it was scratched
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats what I had heard. But honeslty there are scrathes on it and I can't figure out how they got there. I am very careful with my phones. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Called apple and they set up an appointmetn for me at the Apple store.. Said the glass should not scratch.. Will see what happens 

I Plan to Stick Around

Was just going to recommend that
I've Been Here Awhile

What did they say, do? I also have an iPhone 6s plus and feel like its scratching WAY too easily! I had scratched within hours of taking my screen protector off (it cracked) IVe also had my phone in a case, and am also cautious about putting it in my pocket by its self. I dont lay it down facedown etc. Please let me kno what they were able to do for you, thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey offered to replace the glass immediately without even looking at the phone. I agreed. Then they came out with a new phone because they didn't have the glass in stock. Obviously there maybe an issue with the glass as they really took care of it quite quickly. It doesn't hurt to ask.
I've Been Here Awhile

I will definitely try, I have easily 20+ scratches. Has your new screen scratched as easily? Or was your old phone just faulty? Thanks again for responding.

I Plan to Stick Around

No scratches as of yet with the new phone .. Waiting to get a really good screen protector. I have heard a few stories about the apple glass being pretty weak.. But I am very careful with the phone.. Its always in a soft lined pocket and a case. 

Good luck.. 

I've Been Around

I am new to iPhones - just purchased this 6S+ in the middle of November, 2015, and I am quite surprised at how many fine - and a couple not so fine - scratches are now etched into the screen. 

I don't have a "screen protector" installed.  I have never been a fan of them, and if one takes into account all the ads that talks about how tough the screen's are, you should not need one.

I am having an issue with email right now, and I'll have to go back to the Apple Store.  When I do, I'll mention this thread and the problems some of us seem to be having.

Thanks for the help!