New IPAD Purchase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New IPAD Purchase

I have been using the orignal IPAD with a Rogers sim card on the 3G network. With many apps and of course the OS not being able to be updated on my older IPAD I was looking at buying the latest IPAD and using my current sim card in the new device. Will this work or do I need to cancel my current service and get a new sim and activate new service. Thanks for any info or help with this, much appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: New IPAD Purchase

3G service is 3G service.
Doesn't change regardless of which iPAD or which Tablet you use it on!
(As long as Tablets of any kind [iOS/iPad, Android, Windows, etc] are 3G capable; it will work)

The only thing matter will be your SIM card.
New iPAD most likely uses a smaller size SIM card. Your plan does NOT need to change. Your service does NOT need to cancel, you actually want to keep it [ACTIVE] if you want 3G service.

If the new iPAD uses smaller sim card, you just get a smaller sim card but your account stays the same and you just add the sim card number as your active sim card. Pretty simple process.

You MAY want to change your service plan for more data, that is your call but its not needed.

If you already have ShareEverything Plan (CellPhone/SmartPhone) - They now have tablet share plans with EasyPay. Which is financing tablet instead of paying it up front.
But this only applies if you have Smartphone/Cellphone with Rogers already and even if you don't have ShareEverything plan - they can upgrade you to one and get your Tablet Share going with EasyPay!

You don't need to go the ShareEverything route, if you already have the new iPad or if you don't need EasyPay.

Hope this info helps.
Any more questions, ask away! Community is here to help you @06Honda Smiley Happy

Also, click "Like" if you liked my post and/or click "Accept as Solution" on my post if you found the answer you were seeking!

Cheers!

Edit: updated with colors and format.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the excellent response, answered all my questions. Have a great week.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

You're welcome. Cheers ^__^