cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a SIM card for new (refurb) iPhone 12 Pro max

nomadman
I'm here a lot

Hi there- I purchased a refurbished iPhone 12 Pro Max from the Apple online store. I’m upgrading from an iPhone 7. I got the new phone partially set up when I got the message that the SIM card was not compatible. I messaged to wireless services in Moncton and I had a conversation with a Daniel who was very helpful. He noticed there was a cheaper plan that I should be on and he told me to take my phone to a Rogers store and tell them to give me a new 5G SIM card for free and if there was any issues to tell them to call WTS. I think that was the acronym. So I need to take the phone to a Rogers store but my issue is that I’m in a wheelchair and my wheelchair van isn’t accessible. The van works but the side door and ramp are out of order and I can’t get it fixed for another 2 weeks. Can another person take my phone to the Rogers store? I’m sure they can but will they need me there? If my sister or brother in law take it I can give them my password. Will that be enough for them to set up the new SIM card? Im wondering if because of facial recognition or anything else, that it requires me to be there? And I can send my driver’s license or any other ID required. So my main question is can a Rogers store pop in a new SIM card and do any associated work without me being there? That’s the main reason I bought from the online apple store was so I could do everything online and not have to leave my house. Thanks for any help!

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need a SIM card for new (refurb) iPhone 12 Pro max

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Call the store you're considering and talk to them.  If they agree, ask for the employee's name and go when he/she is there.  Various stores may have different requirements and some are franchised, while others are not.

2. Stores often require a photo-ID, but you'll need to find out what they want at the particular store you're considering.    Some are more picky than others.  

3. Any answer you get here  may not apply to the particular store.

4. Some stores may want to charge $10 or so for a SIM, so discuss that topic as well before the visit.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Call the store you're considering and talk to them.  If they agree, ask for the employee's name and go when he/she is there.  Various stores may have different requirements and some are franchised, while others are not.

2. Stores often require a photo-ID, but you'll need to find out what they want at the particular store you're considering.    Some are more picky than others.  

3. Any answer you get here  may not apply to the particular store.

4. Some stores may want to charge $10 or so for a SIM, so discuss that topic as well before the visit.

nomadman
I'm here a lot
Thanks, I did as you suggested and I’m all set!
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation