My iPhone 6S Plus cannot call a specific number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My iPhone 6S Plus cannot call a specific number

Just upgrade to iPhone 6S Plus 2 days ago and find out.

I cannot call my friend's cell(Rogers) number, receive call from him is fine.

Seems like only that number have this problem.

Tried use other cell, landline to cal him, no problem.

When I call, only half a ring tone on my iPhone then slient, no matter he accept or reject the call. If accepted, both side are slient.

If he phone is off, when I call, my iPhne will show call failed in a second but I suppose to goto his voice mail. Again, tired on other phones works fine.

Tired on my old iPhone 5, same problem. (It still works fine on my old phone few days ago)

Asked Tech support of Rogers and Apple, both suggested to change the SIM card, I did it now but no different.

The most weird part is I can call his number suddenly last night good for only around 2 hours, then same problem again.

Also got another problem is my phone never got LTE, always show 3G, even my friend's phone show full LTE signal.

It happened since my old iPhone 5 which I though the phone doesn't support.

Tech support just as usually said all good, even told me to use my old SIM card back.

Anyone got the same problems before?

Don't know what to do now, phone is new, SIM is new but...

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: My iPhone 6S Plus cannot call a specific number

Hello @pp1111

Is this a Rogers iPhone or its an Unlocked model? Also are you on LTE capable plan? I would also suggest performing a reset of the network settings on the device if not already done so.

In regards to calling issues to that specific number, we would perform some resets on our end and have you test the calls after. If the issue is still present, we would need to send off a case to network team so they can analyze the failed the calls.

Please keep us updated so we can offer assistance.

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello RogersAsif,

Thanks very much for your reply,

already done even the factory setting reset.

And just changed to last Friday with iPhone upgrade, the plan is the SE 2.5GB plan.

I know it sounds really weird, only one number having weird probem(so far), sudden work for 2 hours last night,

and always 3G only.

I Plan to Stick Around

Under cellular, make sure you have LTE enabled on the iPhone.
I Plan to Stick Around

No service last night till this morning near noon.

Now back to 3G only and unable to call that number again.

Opened 2 cases from Tech support, hope have a reply and fix soon.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @pp1111 ,

I just wanted to add my insight on this situation.

I've seen some cases where something as simple as the SIM card could cause this issue where your number is able to get through at one point then stops working. You could rule out the phone by testing the SIM in another Rogers phone or just picking up a new SIM card.

Hope this helps,

RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried everything.

Almost 2 weeks, and submitted 2 tickets(case) for 11 days already, still only got in progress status.Cat Frustrated

I Plan to Stick Around

@pp1111

Sorry you're experiencing this, I have an issue far worse than yours I can't make outgoing or receive calls, the message I get is "the number you have dialed is not assigned" and it's been 3 weeks now.  I don't know if they even know how to fix these issues.  I've opened over 15 different tickets about the same issue and each and everytime they close it because they think it's fixed.  It's fustrating to say the least.. so now I had to get a manager to contact an advisor from the office of president from Rogers prioritize my case seriously this time.  But I'm not getting my hopes up as if they really wanted to fix the issues, it would've been looked at properly after the first 2-3 tickets.  It's week 3 and ongoing for my issue and it's ridiculous how Rogers can let this go on for this long.  It's always "they'll" get back to you in 72hours.  Well look where I'm at now 3 weeks and going.. that's alot of 72hours.. How many more 72hours do I have to go through before Rogers fixes my issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi quattrob,
Sorry to hear that, too. Makes me more hopeless since mine is only one number(may be a group of) and sounds very weird. Also the LTE problem.
Your case much worse, your phone is now just a tablet with SIM card? Hope the voip like fon** apps can temp. help you.
I don't know how the cell phone network works but can Rogers just port to a new line and using the same number? I don't know, are they trying to push loyal customer to another company? Already changed to the new SE plan, new plan, new phone, new SIM, what else ???

I've Been Around

I have an iPhone X with the same issue calling my wife’s iPhone 6s. This is only happening with her number and she can call me just fine.