LTE and 3G Problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

LTE and 3G Problem

Hey guys! Well just wondering what's going on with my LTE and 3G it keeps going in an out of those two, I live around the Rogers areas and everything so I'm not to sure what's going on. I have an iPhone 5c.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: LTE and 3G Problem

Can you describe what more exactly is happening?

Is it as you are going around?
or staying still?

Is it doing something like  LTE.. then 3g.. then no service... and kind of keep rotating every few minutes?
My wife had that with her iPhone5.. antenna went on it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well I'm just sitting down and it does it, it's quite frustrating. Plus it's running slower then usual and it's only two months old.

Yes! It keeps switching back and forth every couple minutes then sometimes I've had to do a hard reset (my friend told me it fixed his.) and it worked for a couple minutes but then kept doing the same things over and over.
Rogers Employee dannyboi104
Rogers Employee

Hey Deanna Marie

If you haven't yet, try preforming a network reset. You can do this simply by going into:

Settings > General > Reset > Network Reset

90% of time it fixes any kind of network issue for me. Other then erasing any of your wifi passwords saved into your device, your other data will be kept safe. However if that doesn't work, it's likely either an issue with your sim card or hardware. To test your sim card simply take your sim card out of your phone, and swap it with a friends, or you can also visit a Rogers store and have them swap it. There generally is no cost for the sim change. If the issue persists with the working new sim card, then it's definitely the hardware and a trip to a apple store is required. If you don't happen to have an apple store around your area, simply call 1-800-MY-APPLE and instead preform the replacment by mail.

In rare cirmunstances it may be an issue with the acutal cellular tower in your area. A quick call to technical support would allow you to find out if there are any reported issues or outages. To do this dial *611 from any Rogers Mobile Phone, or 1-888-ROGERS-1 from any line. Once your connected press 2 for techinal support.

Hope this gets you into the right direction 🙂

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation