cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @brianewebb1

Yes that was also said back in October / November. So really isn't any NEW news.

Garygouril
I Plan to Stick Around
Anything published on the net about this? Salesmen can say anything to keep you if it’s not recorded.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

As @Meowmix pointed out, nothing new here since the latest Apple Watch roll out occurred - Rogers, their corporate level chose not to support Apple Watch, and other networks did.  Rarely are there exclusivity deals with any of our Canadian carriers, but on a basic level, each carrier makes their decision based upon the bottom line. So the choice lays with those who aren't happy about it, your only option is to switch carriers with all that is involved in that decision.

Plus you can also rant here, and I will always advocate people's right to use it as a place to express this displeasure over a Rogers decision.

But as commented, there has been the occasional statement that someone has heard that Rogers will do it in 2018, but nothing official has ever been put out there.  If it does, I am sure it will be advertised.  Maybe the Apple 4 watch?

Bruce

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Garygouril

Rogers did go on record and publicly staying that E-sim will be coming this year. That includes the watch ( since it only takes E-sim). Now it does state they will be looking into it however since I spoke to someone within the team that deals with this, they will be carrying it just need to make sure the software and all work without a problem. Plus they need to make sure all systems are go when it does happen.

" In another tweet, Rogers says “Carrying the LTE Apple watch will be something we look at next year as we build system functionality to support this technology base on open standards.”"

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/rogers-apple-watch-series-3-lte-2018-esim/

Garygouril
I Plan to Stick Around
So... no official statements other than “looking at it next year”. So unless “looking at” means “supporting “ , they seem to be deliberately vague about not supporting it so that people who assume Rogers is going to be “soon” supporting will not investigate switching to Telus or Bell.
I would like to see a definitive statement.