LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Got tired of Rogers refusal to even discuss the LTE watch, so investigated switching. Found out that had I been a Telus customer the past year I would have save $10 per month with BYOD. Was Able to get a new iPhone 8 for $0 for 64GB, or $200 for 256GB, with same plan as I had on Rogers, better coverage in my area, for 5$ less per month than I was paying for my 3 year old phone. So now I am saving money and ready for a new watch. I guess I should thank Rogers for pretending the Apple Watch doesn't exist, because I was prompted to learn there are better alternatives.

I've Been Around

I find out right embarrassing to Rogers for not supporting Apple Watch LTE right away,as a Rogers costumer for 14 years I am actually considering going to Bell.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dforrest13

Truly is since they see how many want this feature and at the end it's causing them to lose customers.
I'm Here A Lot

Even if Rogers was not sure about potential popularity of the Watch, they should have at least placed a poll in their regular email letters to their users if they would be interested in adding the Watch or not.  The fact that they did not even bother taking preorders or even a poll is rather annoying to say the least.  Who are they to decide which devices the customer will be limited to?  We will be voting with our wallets.  Been with Rogers since '93 but will the wife and I will dump them within two months if it is not announced.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @spit

Agreed. They should have sent out a email or a poll online seeing how many would want it. They know many want it. However they keep saying it's due to the technology that the E-sim has. Which is weird because Bell and Telus are able to get it right.

Been using my Apple Watch series 3 from Telus and loving it. The battery is at 60% still since I took it off the chager at 5am yesterday morning ( Plus turning it off from 10pm till 5am) this morning. Received calls, messages and notifications. Turned off the screen being turned on when moving my hand / wrist which helps the battery too!
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @Meowmix,  I was always impressed with the Watch's battery life too.  Hope you are right with the possibility of Rogers getting the LTE Watch before summer.  However, my personal timeline for them is shorter than that before switching.  Need the Watch especially for jogging with Apple Music and no phone strapped to your arm.  Being able to walk around the workplace sans the phone would be nice as well.  Apple Pay, reading & dictating notes, mail, messages, etc. on the run all without the phone are all great to have at the workplace as well where we can just leave the phone in the desk drawer all day.

I've Been Around

Re: LTE Apple wattch support and plan

Ive been with Rogers for 25 years, but if they will not support the Apple Watch then I will switch to bell
I've Been Around

Come on Rogers!  We need Apple Watch 3 LTE support!  I will switch to Telus if it doesn't change.

I Plan to Stick Around

It’s not happening. They’re not even discussing it. Not even at a future date. Maybe in the indefinite future they might begin to consider whether it might be discussed as a possibility.
I left. It’s easy, economical, and I’m ready for the watch if I want it. Else I would have been stuck for two years. Besides, when you switch they will give you a few hundred bucks credit towards a bigger phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

I talked to Rogers sales this week and they said they will be rolling out a plan this year, 2018