cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

For some reason I cant edit my post above so I'll update it based on Briane's comments above:

RECAP:

WS201 - Error caused by phantom 'reserved' lines being added to account.  Once lines are maxed out, code is thrown.  Solution is to contact Rogers support to have them delete the 'reserved' lines on the account. This error can also be caused by your credit profile not being up to date so make sure you're approved for an additional line.  

WS300 - Resolution TBD.  Thrown at 1) the account login page, 2) after the plan choice page, 3) after the 911 address verification page.  

WS504 - Resolution TDB.  Thrown after terms and conditions page.

Looks like WS504 is thrown at only one stage whereas WS300 randomly appears at like half the steps in the process

emmasmith
I've been around

Do I pay extra for Apple Watch Cellular? Because I don't have an idea about these watches. First time I decide to buy this. I already call apple customer service number for help.

Hello @emmasmith!

Welcome to the Community and congratulations on your first post!! 😊

Since our announcement regarding the launch of Apple Watch Series 4 and Series 3, there has been quite a bit of excitement!! Here is how the current pricing works for the Apple Watches:

Apple Watch Series 4

Buy on no term: $679 (taxes are extra)

-OR-

Finance on EasyPay: $0 down and $28.29/month (plus taxes) for 24 months

Apple Watch Series 3

Buy on no term: $529 (taxes are extra)

-OR-

Finance on EasyPay: $0 down and $22.04/month (plus taxes) for 24 months 

In order to activate the Apple Watch you will need to have 1. An Active Rogers Wireless Account + 2.  An Eligible Wireless Plan (shared or non-shared) + 3. An Eligible Cellphone (that is active on your account). Whether you select a shared or non-shared price plan to go with your Apple Watch, the monthly cost will be $10/month (plus taxes). 

Feel free to check out this link for more detailed information: 

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/apple-watch?icid=bu-ppmbccon-awl2rcwrls-09121817#Series4

I hope this information is helpful!! 

Kind regards!
RogersLaura

nasa25
Wow I literally had no idea whatsoever that Rogers was selling the series 3 watches until now.

I don’t know how I misssd that.

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

They only started selling the series 3 at the same time as the series 4, so it can't be earlier that this week I would imagine.

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the info.
You are assuming we can activate our watches. Which after 350 plus posts, obviously, we can’t. Sad

jcvd007
I plan to stick around

Well I'm very happy to say my journey is finally done and I've finally got my iOS Watch Series 3 (ESIM Model) activated.

The only saving grace was that I had a consumer plan (non share plan) so may activation went with out a hitch.

It's unfortunate of the one time $30 activation fee and regardless in my consumer plan 10 gig I can only use the 1 gig for my watch.

@Jay_Starks wrote:

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around
Wow i remember when i wrote that a year ago lol, almost a year later they finally on-board. I left Rogers long time ago for Bell, but im happy that they are on par with other carriers on this one. It just took a bit too long for me. As they say better late than never!

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

Is Rogers going to get the stainless steel model anytime soon like bell for monthly payments?

nasa25

@qbvbsite1 there's been no indication that Rogers will be getting the stainless steel models like Bell and Telus are offering.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @qbvbsite1 & @nasa25

It took Bell and Telus to get the Stainless Steel models this year. Last year with the Series 3 they only offered the sport model.

So I assume Rogers will follow suite and release the stainless steel model later on. If they don't have it on their site, they won't be available in store either.

charles1977
I plan to stick around

I'm curious guys.

Are there long queues right now in the reservation system for the apple watch?  

seems to be in high demand.

thinking about getting one.

nasa25

@charles1977  

Yup!

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

I'm in queue for a Space Gray 40mm and i'm in position 215

Keep checking the Rogers app or online first thing in the mornings when they update their stock level I was able to order one on the weekend for pickup at my local Apple store.

You can check though out the day Incase they get a second shipment in.

With the Apple Watch 4’s popularity it’s hit and miss when they get shipments in

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

Is the WS300 activation problem still widespread?  I've been trying to activate my Watch on my Rogers plan and I'm getting WS300 error every single time.  It is extremely frustrating!!!

circularflexing
I've been here awhile

Just a couple of quick questions

- can the Apple Watch plan be added to a small business plan? (I only see references to consumer plans and there's no mention of the Watch on the SB site)

- if I want to buy the watch with 0 down and pay off over 24 months, can I pay the balance off at any time?

- similar to above, does buying the watch with 0 down open a new 24 month commitment? i.e. do I need to stay with Rogers for 2 further years?

Thanks!

Well I found the answer to my first question which is that Rogers doesn't support Apple Watch for Small Business Plans for no reason at all.

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@rvsoo7 wrote:

Is the WS300 activation problem still widespread?  I've been trying to activate my Watch on my Rogers plan and I'm getting WS300 error every single time.  It is extremely frustrating!!!

Well, after a long weekend of frustration I called into Rogers again this morning and was told it was an account validation issue that was preventing me from adding my Watch to my account.  I had to call into the validation department and get the flag cleared by answering some questions about my account.  

Once the account cleared, I was able to go through the watch activation process on the iPhone without any issues.  

ggrech
I'm here a lot

My tale of whoa ....  and before I get into it let me say that all of the Rogers/Apple staff have been helpful and tried their best to get me set up

- Switched from a small business plan to a personal plan ...I wasn't using 99% of what the business plan had to offer anyway and the watch LTE operation was important to me.

- After the switch was complete, I couldn't get the watch to connect/activate via the watch app. ... a number of error codes etc. calls into support.

- 24 hours later I tried it again and low and behold it worked!!!! connected!!! Used It!!!!

- The next day it lost connection and I haven't been able to get it connected since .... 

- I've had 4 or more calls to tech support, all going over a list of: do this and next do that ... all followed along fine. Still wouldn't connect. All in about 2-3 hours of tech support time. 

- All resulting in a suggestion to call Apple Tech Support .... 😞 

- Another 2 hours of tech support with Apple .... the result: They would to escalate as they believe there may be a network issue .... 

- As of now, I have paid the 30.00 connection fee and a load of wasted time for a device that won't connect .... 

I sure hope that everyone has better luck than I did.

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@ggrech wrote:

My tale of whoa ....  and before I get into it let me say that all of the Rogers/Apple staff have been helpful and tried their best to get me set up

- As of now, I have paid the 30.00 connection fee and a load of wasted time for a device that won't connect .... 

I sure hope that everyone has better luck than I did.

Contact the Office of the President (by going to Rogers' website, contact us, share a concern and live chat or send them a message) and tell them about your Apple Watch problems.  They should be able to credit you back the $30 connection fee.  Would be helpful if you mention all the interaction IDs when you live chat or called in for support when you contact the OOTP.