cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

Can anyone from Rogers comment on the $30 activation fee?  I was under the impression that if you activated the watch online (which is what everyone will do right from their iPhone) that there was no activation fee?  Can I get confirmation on this please?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Any orders done online the activation fee is waived.

@RogersDarrell @RogersMaude @RogersYasmine

Can we get a answer to this? Thanks!

nasa25
Thanks @Meowmix

Yeah I thought the same thing as well but on the guide to adding cellular to your Apple Watch, it clearly shows that the line addition is subject to a $30 activation fee. I guess they’re giving you first 3 months free which equates to $30 but I’d rather not pay the activation fee lol

nasa25
Just to let everyone know, I was on a chat with retentions and confirmed that if you add the Apple Watch line via your iPhone (or any online source for that matter) you WILL NOT be billed the activation fee.

The only way to activate a cellular plan on your Apple Watch is through your iPhone so I’m not really sure if/when the $30 activation fee would come into play. Maybe if the store helps you activate it?

nasa25
@RogersMaude

Any idea when the Apple Watch activations will go live today? Thanks.

kadamesli
I've been here awhile

Just spoke yo your Tech Support who told me you don't support Series 3 ??

Can you clarify once and for all ? 

nasa25
A live chat agent this morning told me it wouldn’t go live until the 21st for the series 4. Then when I told him it pertained to a series 3 and both Maude and Edward Rogers (Chairman) confirmed the system would go live today, he told me it should have been live as of 6am EST lol. I just ended the chat. Most agents have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about.

I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed on the level of communication on this Apple Watch cellular service rollout after Maude’s initial message about it.

kadamesli
I've been here awhile
Very disappointing indeed

nasa25

I just spent an hour on a live chat.

Details from technical support:

No one has been able to activate a watch on their rogers account.  The system is still not provisioned for apple watches.  Training and implementation are still underway.  No time frame was given.

It's a shame that even the technical team has no idea about this rollout.  The tech didn't even know they were supporting series 3.  Had to go to their Tier 2 to get info on it.  But then you have a 'How to activate a smartwatch' guide right on the rogers website lol.  Rogers really needs to work on its communication game. 

JjspOg
I plan to stick around
Definitely got billed the activation fee. Ridiculous. I stayed and still one slap in the face after the next from Rogers. So, folks, it DEFINITELY charges you $30 activation fee, even if you activate it yourself. It’s ridiculous, as it doesn’t cost them anything, even in employee hours, to set this up. Money grab. I think it’s time for a CRTC complaint.

Sorry to hear that 😞

Roberth
I'm here a lot

I was able to activate my series 3 watch but I am now thinking of upgrading to the series 4 what is the best way to make the switch to the new watch with out having to pay a second $30 activation fee 

nasa25
@Roberth

What kind of wizardry did you employ to be able to actually activate the watch?

Wasted about 5-6 hours of my life trying to activate the watch yesterday and still getting stupid error codes. At this point Rogers owes me $30, not the other way around.

it took a few reboots after updating to the latest software was then able to get the carrier update then another reboot and finaly I was able to get the prompts but even then I had to close and reopen the watch app several times. 

not the smoothest activstion process but It will probably get better as Rogers makes some changes on the back end servers.

nasa25
Good to hear you’re up and running.

Ever since 1pm yesterday I’ve gotten the same error. Probably tried 50 times to activate the watch. No luck.

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
I wish I could get back to the WS 300 errors. I am now getting kicked out with a WS 504 error.
I’m done with this for now. Too frustrating

nasa25

LOL what?  WS504?  That's a new one.  Which step are you getting that at?

Jvb2112
I plan to stick around

I'm getting the same WS504 error.  Rogers has "opened a ticket" to investigate.  I can't believe Rogers couldn't get this right.

Jvb2112
I plan to stick around

I'm getting WS504 right after I accept the Rogers agreement.

nasa25

RECAP:

WS201 - Error caused by phantom lines being added to account.  Once lines are maxed out, code is thrown.  Solution is to contact Rogers support to have them delete the 'reserved' lines on the account. This error can also be caused by your credit profile not being up to date so make sure you're approved for an additional line.  

WS300 - Resolution TBD.  Thrown at both the account login page and the 911 address verification page.  

WS504 - Resolution TDB.  Thrown after terms and conditions page.

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around

Right after I accept the terms and conditions which other people have noted in this thread.

So I can't even get to the 911 address fields now. oh and get kicked out there with the 300 error lol