LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Just spoke yo your Tech Support who told me you don't support Series 3 ??

Can you clarify once and for all ? 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A live chat agent this morning told me it wouldn’t go live until the 21st for the series 4. Then when I told him it pertained to a series 3 and both Maude and Edward Rogers (Chairman) confirmed the system would go live today, he told me it should have been live as of 6am EST lol. I just ended the chat. Most agents have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about.

I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed on the level of communication on this Apple Watch cellular service rollout after Maude’s initial message about it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Very disappointing indeed
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just spent an hour on a live chat.

Details from technical support:

No one has been able to activate a watch on their rogers account.  The system is still not provisioned for apple watches.  Training and implementation are still underway.  No time frame was given.

It's a shame that even the technical team has no idea about this rollout.  The tech didn't even know they were supporting series 3.  Had to go to their Tier 2 to get info on it.  But then you have a 'How to activate a smartwatch' guide right on the rogers website lol.  Rogers really needs to work on its communication game. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Definitely got billed the activation fee. Ridiculous. I stayed and still one slap in the face after the next from Rogers. So, folks, it DEFINITELY charges you $30 activation fee, even if you activate it yourself. It’s ridiculous, as it doesn’t cost them anything, even in employee hours, to set this up. Money grab. I think it’s time for a CRTC complaint.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Sorry to hear that 😞
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was able to activate my series 3 watch but I am now thinking of upgrading to the series 4 what is the best way to make the switch to the new watch with out having to pay a second $30 activation fee 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Roberth

What kind of wizardry did you employ to be able to actually activate the watch?

Wasted about 5-6 hours of my life trying to activate the watch yesterday and still getting stupid error codes. At this point Rogers owes me $30, not the other way around.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

it took a few reboots after updating to the latest software was then able to get the carrier update then another reboot and finaly I was able to get the prompts but even then I had to close and reopen the watch app several times. 

not the smoothest activstion process but It will probably get better as Rogers makes some changes on the back end servers.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good to hear you’re up and running.

Ever since 1pm yesterday I’ve gotten the same error. Probably tried 50 times to activate the watch. No luck.