LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

@rvsoo7 Thank you for the info. I think I'm gonna stick with Apple.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone clarify-if I have the 10gb $60 plan and I add the watch do I only get 1gb or is it using my plans data pool?
Thx
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@TL wrote:
Can someone clarify-if I have the 10gb $60 plan and I add the watch do I only get 1gb or is it using my plans data pool?
Thx

It will depend on whether your $60 10GB plan is shareable or non-shareable.  If it's a Share Everything plan, then the 1GB will be added to your shared pool (so you'll have 11GB to share between your Watch and iPhone).  If it's not a shareable plan, then the 1GB will only be for the Watch and your Watch will not be able to use the 10GB for the iPhone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thx. Unfortunately it's a stand alone not shareable. That sucks. So talk/text etc is from the plan (unlimited) but anything data just 1gb.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@TL wrote:
Thx. Unfortunately it's a stand alone not shareable. That sucks. So talk/text etc is from the plan (unlimited) but anything data just 1gb.

Yes, I know.. I'm in the same shoes.  I have talk n' text 10GB premium for $85 and I want to add the Watch to the play but I'm not sure if 1GB for the Watch would be enough.  I'm going to contact Retention to see if there's any promotions happening that would give me 10GB of shared data for the same monthly fee.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can anyone from Rogers comment on the $30 activation fee?  I was under the impression that if you activated the watch online (which is what everyone will do right from their iPhone) that there was no activation fee?  Can I get confirmation on this please?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Any orders done online the activation fee is waived.

@RogersDarrell @RogersMaude @RogersLaura

Can we get a answer to this? Thanks!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks @Meowmix

Yeah I thought the same thing as well but on the guide to adding cellular to your Apple Watch, it clearly shows that the line addition is subject to a $30 activation fee. I guess they’re giving you first 3 months free which equates to $30 but I’d rather not pay the activation fee lol

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to let everyone know, I was on a chat with retentions and confirmed that if you add the Apple Watch line via your iPhone (or any online source for that matter) you WILL NOT be billed the activation fee.

The only way to activate a cellular plan on your Apple Watch is through your iPhone so I’m not really sure if/when the $30 activation fee would come into play. Maybe if the store helps you activate it?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMaude

Any idea when the Apple Watch activations will go live today? Thanks.