LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Hello @cafekief

Unfortunately no. If they would have announced anything, it would have been posted on the Apple Watch thread.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Apple Watch esim support

I have been with Rogers for several years now.
I have 2 phones and a rocket hub for internet.
I have been a loyal customer until now, but..., If Rogers does not start up esim support with the release of Apple Watch 4, I will cancel all my accounts.
I think I speak for many, that we are frustrated with this lack of support.

I've Been Here Awhile

We're days away from the Apple Watch 4 announcement and Rogers still can't support the 3.  How embarrassing that one of the "Big Two" are so far behind !! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Lets see what Rogers does with the apple watch 4 being announced tomorrow.  You would think they would mention or tease something...

I'm Here A Lot

Yes you would think that they would announce something, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
I think they will be surprised on how many customers they will lose over the next 6 months.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just messaged Rogers on facebook, I linked this thread and asked if there was any news... This is what they said:

We have plans to launch the technology for cellular-enabled wearable tech in 2018. We’ll update our customers as we get closer to that time and you can check http://Rogers.com for any updates
I'm Here A Lot

They’re responses are so insulting. Notice how they only say they have plans to support wearable cellular technology. That could mean android or who knows what else, not even apple. Plus that’s the same answer they gave over 9 months ago. All their service has went downhill. I can’t believe how long it takes to talk to a real person at their call centre now too. I’m gone in a couple months and will never return to Rogers.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if rogers doesn't announce esim support today (with the AW4 launch) it'll probably be a long wait, if it ever happens

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

As per the Apple event, it showed Rogers Bell and Telus that will carry the LTE Series 4!!!!.

So I believe Rogers will now be getting it!!
I've Been Here Awhile

Apple Watch 4 announcement just listed Rogers as a cellular provider