LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

I was just wondering if there was an update or any word on being able to provide service to your rogers customers who have apple iwatch?

I Plan to Stick Around

Luck has nothing to do with it. Rogers still has said nothing about supporting Apple watch LTE. Anyway, Telus has saved me cash and supported the watch a long time ago.

I Plan to Stick Around

So with the coming announcement of iwatch 4, any update on whether Rogers will be able to support LTE?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TL

To be honest... I expect them to announce that when Apple officially announces the AW4. Rogers as been really loafing on getting this rolling meanwhile the other 2 major carriers have been in play for a year almost.
I Plan to Stick Around

I really hope you are right! I don't want to switch carriers for a watch, but I know others have. Also, it just looks bad on them that their competition has been supporting it since last year.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @supervillain

I have my AW3 with Telus and loving it. If Telus offers the AW4 with financing then I'll do that with them. I no longer have to wait for Rogers. They made many wait Enough. If they dont announce it, then at that point Rogers just doesn't care. There is no more excuse of the system no able to handle it or they are working in it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I switched to Telus, got better coverage at the same price, big switching bonus to pay for a new high memory iPhone, then added my wife on my old iPhone for half the price of my Rogers plan. And they offer the Apple Watch LTE on time payments for less in total than Apple charges, and top up your Data, and have better coverage in my area. Win! Win! Win! Win!

I'm Here A Lot

I Just cannot believe that we are 1 year later and still not even a mention from Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I know, eh? Super disappointing. Still can’t leave my phone at home while using my watch. So annoying.  It’s sad. Not only do they not seem to care about their clients. Not smart.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Any more information on this? All ready 1st of September..