LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

That's the question! I have no idea why they have not been able to support it as of yet.  This whole situation is made worse by their constant parroting of the same answer when anyone asks.  They have been saying the same thing for months now and no signs of any updates. 

According to wikipedia they have the most subscribers in canada as a wireless company.  They are making money hand over fist yet they cannot roll out support for the apple watch?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I’m planning on purchasing the Apple Watch but I’m waiting until the Series 4 is released. I may end up with a series 3 but I’m waiting to do a comparison. I’ve been a Rogers fan for many years and am waiting to see what happens in the fall. If they’re not going to support Apple Watch when I make my purchase wont matter to me. I will move my business to Bell. No sweat !
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My iPhone cellular contact is up shortly. If there is no Apple Watch cellular support by then I will have no choice.but to head to TELUS.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just posting to keep this at the top! Still the same radio silence from Rogers on this issue.  Does any rogers rep have any updates? 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Well same old song and dance with Rogers.   Been with them for over 12 years and it’s coming to an end in October.   Iwatch 4 soon to be released and I’m gone!   Bell? Telus? Had enough of this silence from Rogers.  

No excuses 

See ya Rogers...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's really sad at this point and I want to be as polite as possible here. Now, let's be clear that when we say BOTH Bell and Telus that's not difficult as they share an LTE network across Canada so if one gets it the other can as well. This is not an excuse for Rogers not to do it. 

Granted this sad state saved me money and I never bought the 3rd generation.

If they do not have it avaialble on Day 1 of the 4th generation I'm gone.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I feel ya!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

It's realllly frustrating that Rogers has not supported this.  I bought the Apple watch 3 after convincing myself that Rogers wouldn't fall behind other carriers, and they failed to deliver.  It's been almost a year.  Super annoyed I spent the extra money on the Cellular version, because I can't even use that functionality.  I've remained a loyal customer, but  I just can't believe they would do this.

Pretty ridiculous. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think this should make the news like Global or CityTV and trust me damaged control will kick in ASAP!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Super disappointing. My cellular plan with Rogers expires in 3 months. I will be getting the Apple Watch Series 4 with cellular and forced to go with a provider that can accommodate this.