cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

Why would we need to buy the series 4 Apple Watch to use with Rogers?  Wouldn't the Series 3 LTE work with Rogers once they get their act together and roll out support?

@jcvd007 wrote:
Okay it’s seems pretty simple Rogers is waiting for the launch of the next generation of Apple iOS Watches which is coming out in September.

Also there was a huge 5G infrastructure upgrade being done behind the scenes outside of the ESIM issues so I’m betting Rogers is just playing it safe.

So now people like myself with a iOS Watch Series 3 LTE will need to buy a series 4 and a new expensive phone plan to have this service.

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

In the 9 months that Apple's LTE watch has been around, Rogers has made no commitment to EVER support it, and has only made vague references to perhaps thinking about it next year. Their absolute refusal to comment on it is an attempt to keep people assuming they eventually will, so they won't jump ship. If they actually had plans to support it, they would say so to prevent losing customers. I left so that I wouldn't be locked out of he watch by being stuck in a contract with a carrier not capable of supporting it.

samourh
I've been here awhile
how is it coming? I am waiting for this feature.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

No one knows anything, rogers is being very vague with any information.  It's quite ridiculous, their competitors have been supporting this product pretty much since the beginning. 

Hello, anyone from Rogers care to explain this?  This looks really bad from a business standpoint especially when you supposedly pride yourself on your service and superiority over your competitors!Smiley Mad

Rogers actually did make a commitment when they public ally announced that they had plans to support it in 2018 in Jan 01 2018. In my opinion anyone who signed up for a plan after that announcement has good grounds to ask for some money back. They tweeted it and lured a bunch of customers. Now we’re over halfway through the year and they seem to have back peddled.

I don’t think anyone from Rogers reads or cares about postings on this Community forum. I’ve never received a comment or reply about clients concerns.

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
Let’s just say when Rogers get their act together time would of passed and Apple would of released the new iOS Watch Series 4 w/LTE.

So basically we can buy Series 3 discounted or Series 4 but....if you’re current Rogers plan isn’t a share anything you’ll need a new plan in order to activate your iOS Watch.

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
Beats me

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community,

We don’t currently support Apple Watch, and don’t have specific timing to share. Keep an eye on Rogers.com for updates on our products and services.

Thanks so much!

RogersDarrell

Of course, I’m now waiting until September so I can check out the Series 4 and compare to Series 3. Will be purchasing at that time and possibly switching to a service provider that supports the Apple Watch

Thank you for the reply Darrell.

Wow, this is the same canned answer you guys have been saying for months.

We know you don't support the apple watch, that is why we are here commenting on this forum.

You stated almost 7 months ago that you would be supporting it in "2018".  I realize the year is not over yet, but come on.  This is embarrassing and you are losing customers who want the latest tech and you guys are dropping the ball on this.  Giving these "answers" is not helping.

Ugh

jcvd007
I plan to stick around

Way to go Darrell

You’re recent response is going to cause a lot of people to be upset so don’t be surprised if you create an uprising !

#clm

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

They never said they would support in 2018; only that they would consider thinking about it in 2018. These non-answers are designed to to leave customers ASSUMING that they will eventually support it, so that they won't jump ship. Face it. Their silence means that they have NO plans or they would announce plans to prevent further losses.

Going to wait until September to see if they announce something at the annual fall iPhone launch announcement
If still no word may look at an early buyout or may wait till the Christmas or new year plan specials from Bell

efeugras
I've been around

I don't understand this! Over a year passed and yet still not even 1 comment to show your clients a roadmap. You know, people can drop you not just for a smart watch but your inflexibility to provide this! Also, what have you been doing lately for your existing clientele? It seems like everything is for new clients. This is not just for Rogers but all Telecom companies. I think we need more competition in this industry. Not enough choices. It feels like Shaw vs Telus thing, at least for people living in BC!

Here is exactly what they announced on Jan 01 of 2018 for those who say Rogers never said they we’re going to support it this year:
We have plans to support eSIM this year, and we will update our customers as we get closer to that time. ^mh
6:01 AM - Jan 1, 2018
It is strange how we’re still expected to pay our bills every month but they don’t live up to their commitment.

Wow I realize I am not alone!

Been planning on buying an LTE applewatch since spring. I’ve been with Rogers for over 10 years and globally satisfied except for now.
Like most of you guys, I’ll just wait untill september as the AW4 comes out, if Rogers is still not supporting it, will definitely switch carriers.

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
It’s simply a matter of options. You can use an existing iOS Watch Series 3 or aquire a iOS Watch Series 4 cause Apple is releasing it shortly.
The fact we have to wait is the problem, and for all the Apple FanBoys who bought a series 3 LTE without having carrier cellular options is depressing cause now the new Series 4 is releasing.

Now if we all unite and present this concern to Global News or CITYTV I’m sure it will go viral!

But remember the enemy is our current cell plan and it’s limitations to support a ESIM!

dhiru1211
I plan to stick around

Initially I was really annoyed to hear that Rogers is not going to support Apple Watch Cellular for a while. Later I hoped that it will support in few months as Rogers is bigger brand in Canada but still after so many months, Rogers is still not capable of supporting it.

I bought the Apple Watch in just hope that they will start support in few months but I am proved wrong.

I don't understand one thing, when other carriers can support the eSim why not Rogers that too still after an almost year.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

That's the question! I have no idea why they have not been able to support it as of yet.  This whole situation is made worse by their constant parroting of the same answer when anyone asks.  They have been saying the same thing for months now and no signs of any updates. 

According to wikipedia they have the most subscribers in canada as a wireless company.  They are making money hand over fist yet they cannot roll out support for the apple watch?