LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvsoo7
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Why would we need to buy the series 4 Apple Watch to use with Rogers?  Wouldn't the Series 3 LTE work with Rogers once they get their act together and roll out support?

@jcvd007 wrote:
Okay it’s seems pretty simple Rogers is waiting for the launch of the next generation of Apple iOS Watches which is coming out in September.

Also there was a huge 5G infrastructure upgrade being done behind the scenes outside of the ESIM issues so I’m betting Rogers is just playing it safe.

So now people like myself with a iOS Watch Series 3 LTE will need to buy a series 4 and a new expensive phone plan to have this service.
Garygouril
I Plan to Stick Around

In the 9 months that Apple's LTE watch has been around, Rogers has made no commitment to EVER support it, and has only made vague references to perhaps thinking about it next year. Their absolute refusal to comment on it is an attempt to keep people assuming they eventually will, so they won't jump ship. If they actually had plans to support it, they would say so to prevent losing customers. I left so that I wouldn't be locked out of he watch by being stuck in a contract with a carrier not capable of supporting it.

samourh
I've Been Here Awhile

how is it coming? I am waiting for this feature.
supervillain
I Plan to Stick Around

No one knows anything, rogers is being very vague with any information.  It's quite ridiculous, their competitors have been supporting this product pretty much since the beginning. 

Hello, anyone from Rogers care to explain this?  This looks really bad from a business standpoint especially when you supposedly pride yourself on your service and superiority over your competitors!Smiley Mad

Scottbra75
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers actually did make a commitment when they public ally announced that they had plans to support it in 2018 in Jan 01 2018. In my opinion anyone who signed up for a plan after that announcement has good grounds to ask for some money back. They tweeted it and lured a bunch of customers. Now we’re over halfway through the year and they seem to have back peddled.
Victoria50
I'm Here A Lot

I don’t think anyone from Rogers reads or cares about postings on this Community forum. I’ve never received a comment or reply about clients concerns.
jcvd007
I Plan to Stick Around

Let’s just say when Rogers get their act together time would of passed and Apple would of released the new iOS Watch Series 4 w/LTE.

So basically we can buy Series 3 discounted or Series 4 but....if you’re current Rogers plan isn’t a share anything you’ll need a new plan in order to activate your iOS Watch.
jcvd007
I Plan to Stick Around

Beats me
RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

We don’t currently support Apple Watch, and don’t have specific timing to share. Keep an eye on Rogers.com for updates on our products and services.

Thanks so much!

RogersDarrell

Victoria50
I'm Here A Lot

Of course, I’m now waiting until September so I can check out the Series 4 and compare to Series 3. Will be purchasing at that time and possibly switching to a service provider that supports the Apple Watch