LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

I lost my faith back 3 years ago with Navigatr and the switch over of MyRogers platform on the desktop.

I could go through a long list of things that have not been followed through on, dropped, or just left us all in silence, probably hoping that we would all forget - but customers often have very long memories.

So keep the faith, I will save mine for other things.  Said from a 27 year customer, with another 13 years before a short break due to not being in my territory when I moved.  So after 35 years, I have had a lot of disappointments.  Rogers used to describe themselves as the leaders in technology, but I can't buy that one anymore.  They have been lagging on things like this - maybe the next Apple watch!!

Bruce

Garygouril
I Plan to Stick Around

No reason to have faith. Rogers has confirmed with deafening silence that they are either unwilling or unable to support the Apple LTE watch. If you're looking for a new phone, might as well switch carriers now or be stuck in the past.

Roberth
I'm Here A Lot

Still can not believe Rogers has not anounced thier support for The Apple Wach 3 LTE we keep hearing it should be this yesr some time 😞  We are happy with Service but I am getting tired of the crickets sounds coming from Rogers about aupporting new technology. They are even behind on the home  routers for seamless wifi through out your house Bell and tellus have clustering powerline wifi modules Rogers Nothing.  Migbe time to switch suppliers next Time Bell has a fiber deal in our bulding

Scottbra75
I'm Here A Lot

I can’t believe the first quarter of the year is over and we still haven’t got a real response about when Rogers will support the new Apple Watch with LTE. Add my name to the list of people who will move to Bell or Telus too. They are offering some decently competitive rates and seem to be a little more cutting edge. I also don’t like he way Rogers is basically ignoring this issue with their canned political answers which really tell you nothing.
Scottbra75
I'm Here A Lot

This canned answer is from several months ago. Is there a new answer now that the first quarter of 2018 is done??
Garygouril
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has confirmed with deafening silence that they are either unwilling or unable to support the Apple LTE watch. No answer means NO Apple Watch support!

Victoria50
I'm Here A Lot

I'm also thinking of switching over to Bell. surprising that Rogers is a bit behind on this one. Thanks Victoria50
NewUser123
I've Been Here Awhile

Mark 1 more down for jumping the Rogers sinking ship. Too bad for them all business services currently will go to.

Good luck.

turgeonj
I've Been Here Awhile

Bye, bye, Rogers.

I sincerely thought that you could listen to me and give me full access to my messages and phone calls when running my 5 Km in the morning, on my Apple watch. I loved you, (for more than 25 years) but now it's time for me to go toward someone that care and show understanding...

RIP

jcvd007
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay it’s seems pretty simple Rogers is waiting for the launch of the next generation of Apple iOS Watches which is coming out in September.

Also there was a huge 5G infrastructure upgrade being done behind the scenes outside of the ESIM issues so I’m betting Rogers is just playing it safe.

So now people like myself with a iOS Watch Series 3 LTE will need to buy a series 4 and a new expensive phone plan to have this service.

But the devil is in the details ....

Anybody with a work plan or a old business plan without the share anything data option will be out of luck.

So is it the quiet before the storm not having the ESIM?