cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

DeanLubaki
I plan to stick around

Yep, exactly!

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
Hey everyone just a question if Rogers supports the ESIM what will be the consequence of people with old plans, business corporate plans or grandfathered plans?

What is going to be the worst case scenario just so we can have LTE on our iOS watch . I’m very loyal to my services with Rogers but it also sets me up to be a pessimist that nothing will work as easily as it comes.

Thoughts anyone ?

Garygouril
I plan to stick around
You haven’t been paying attention. Rogers currently has no intention to support LTE Apple Watch and has made absolutely no commitment to do so in the future.

Problem solved. You’ve got to be kidding me.

The is no support for the LTE Apple watch at Rogers.

There is no date support will be available from Rogers.

It has been 7 months since this was posted as a solution.

The solution to this problem is to switch to another cellular provider who offers support for the device.

So after 6 months of waiting, I finally switched to Bell.  They upped my phone to a X with zero down, so I switched all four lines I had and added the sim for my watch.  It's a real shame, as I was happy with the Rogers service.

turgeonj
I've been here awhile

That's it. I've been a loyal customer for the last 15 years t Rogers. As a business customer, I spend lots of money on multiple lines/phones/etc...

All the large carriers in the USA supports the Apple watch. In Canada, I thought that Rogers was a large carrier and could make an effort in supporting the Apple watch. I understand that this is not a big market, but I can say that the customers that would appreciate this support are probably the most loyal to Rogers and the ones that spend, just like me, lots of money with you.

It is sad to see that we don't make a difference in Rogers business vision and put aside.

Well, I never thought that I would leave, but at this point, I take it personally.

Bye-bye Rogers, see you again, maybe, in a far distant future.

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
Don’t do it my friend have faith I know  Rogers will fix this deal breaker and never let go of their loyal customers.

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
We both know  Rogers will fix this the problem is how they do it and the implications to your current phone plans

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
Do you have a share anything plan?

DeanLubaki
I plan to stick around

LOL @jcvd007 you have too much faith. Even TELUS supports the Apple Watch.
I have been a Rogers customer since I was 11 (started prepaid then went postpaid), and I am about to switch to TELUS.
This is sad because I just switched my home TV and Internet from Rogers to Bell for technological advancement reasons as well.

turgeonj
I've been here awhile
Yes, I do...

BS
I'm a senior advisor

I lost my faith back 3 years ago with Navigatr and the switch over of MyRogers platform on the desktop.

I could go through a long list of things that have not been followed through on, dropped, or just left us all in silence, probably hoping that we would all forget - but customers often have very long memories.

So keep the faith, I will save mine for other things.  Said from a 27 year customer, with another 13 years before a short break due to not being in my territory when I moved.  So after 35 years, I have had a lot of disappointments.  Rogers used to describe themselves as the leaders in technology, but I can't buy that one anymore.  They have been lagging on things like this - maybe the next Apple watch!!

Bruce

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

No reason to have faith. Rogers has confirmed with deafening silence that they are either unwilling or unable to support the Apple LTE watch. If you're looking for a new phone, might as well switch carriers now or be stuck in the past.

Still can not believe Rogers has not anounced thier support for The Apple Wach 3 LTE we keep hearing it should be this yesr some time 😞  We are happy with Service but I am getting tired of the crickets sounds coming from Rogers about aupporting new technology. They are even behind on the home  routers for seamless wifi through out your house Bell and tellus have clustering powerline wifi modules Rogers Nothing.  Migbe time to switch suppliers next Time Bell has a fiber deal in our bulding

Scottbra75
I'm here a lot
I can’t believe the first quarter of the year is over and we still haven’t got a real response about when Rogers will support the new Apple Watch with LTE. Add my name to the list of people who will move to Bell or Telus too. They are offering some decently competitive rates and seem to be a little more cutting edge. I also don’t like he way Rogers is basically ignoring this issue with their canned political answers which really tell you nothing.

This canned answer is from several months ago. Is there a new answer now that the first quarter of 2018 is done??

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

Rogers has confirmed with deafening silence that they are either unwilling or unable to support the Apple LTE watch. No answer means NO Apple Watch support!

I'm also thinking of switching over to Bell. surprising that Rogers is a bit behind on this one. Thanks Victoria50

NewUser123
I've been here awhile

Mark 1 more down for jumping the Rogers sinking ship. Too bad for them all business services currently will go to.

Good luck.

turgeonj
I've been here awhile

Bye, bye, Rogers.

I sincerely thought that you could listen to me and give me full access to my messages and phone calls when running my 5 Km in the morning, on my Apple watch. I loved you, (for more than 25 years) but now it's time for me to go toward someone that care and show understanding...

RIP

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
Okay it’s seems pretty simple Rogers is waiting for the launch of the next generation of Apple iOS Watches which is coming out in September.

Also there was a huge 5G infrastructure upgrade being done behind the scenes outside of the ESIM issues so I’m betting Rogers is just playing it safe.

So now people like myself with a iOS Watch Series 3 LTE will need to buy a series 4 and a new expensive phone plan to have this service.

But the devil is in the details ....

Anybody with a work plan or a old business plan without the share anything data option will be out of luck.

So is it the quiet before the storm not having the ESIM?